Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: V-sync is not working in captured videos (tearing/stutters)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys, I have this annoying issue that I can't solve and that prevents me from posting videos on YouTube.

Whenever I try to capture any footage from Dolphin there is a very noticeable tearing every 5 second or so in the recorded video, even if there is no tearing at all when I play and record.

I tried Shadow play and OBS, with same result.

I have a feeling that its because these programs don't capture with v-sync enabled for some reason (even if I have it ON)

One last note, I haven't this issue with the Ishiiruka.

Thanks for help.
What version of dolphin are you using?
5.0-12716

Thanks Smile
Do you get the same problem on older versions like 5.0 or something in-between?
I'll look today...
I believe this came up on IRC a while ago and it was determined that it was because the game is running at 59.94 and the recording is trying to record at 60 and vsync gets all messed up.
So I can confirm there is no tearing in the old 5.0 version.

Thoughts? Smile
(12-18-2020, 05:04 AM)djneo Wrote: [ -> ]So I can confirm there is no tearing in the old 5.0 version.

Thoughts? Smile

Time to bisect I guess. Latest dev is a looooong way from 5.0 stable.
Alright, I'll find the last version that works...
Hi guys, so I finally had enough time to really dive into this issue (and find the latest "no tearing" version), but bought new 120hz monitor in the meantime.

The reason why I'm saying this because now (with 120hz enabled) the tearing is very noticeable even while using the 5.0-12716 version.
When I switch to 60hz via Nvidia panel, the tearing is gone again with 5.0-12716

Is this known issue and something to live with with 120hz monitors?
Thanks.
Pages: 1 2