Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: V-sync is not working in captured videos (tearing/stutters)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Guys, so at this moment I'm already down at the version 5.0-2714 and it still stutters so much that it makes any recording unusable, unfortunately.

Any thoughts?
Should I go even deeper to history? Because the game is already quite buggy with such an old build.

Thanks.
this is a short in-game showcase.

I tried a lot of things and combinations today again, like forcing the v-sync via Nvidia control panel, with and without triple buffering, G-sync off and on etc etc, probably every possible combination, but the captured videos still stutter as hell, no matter what I do (while when I play realtime it's all clean and nice)

Also completely reinstalled Nvidia drivers and deleted all profiles with Nvidia profile inspector. No success Sad
So here is some progress. When I switch to 120hz in nVidia settings, even the actual real-time gameplay is stuttering mess.
Interestingly the stuttering start after a half minute or so, not just from the very beginning.

Any ideas are always welcomed Smile
Another update.
I just completely erased harddisk and fresh W10 install etc.... and the recorded output still stutters as hell, unfortunately.

I'm running out of ideas honestly Sad
update:

Been working/testing it all day again. Tested various legacy Nvidia drivers etc. No success, the recorded output still stutters.
Im kinda strart to think that that this might not be Dolphin issue after all.
Because these recorded tearing problems started whem I upgraded the processor (and motherboard).

Before that I recorded many many videos without any issues and then Iwhen I finally upgraded the computer this happened Sad

Do you guys this there is something I could try to turn OFF or ON in the bios, for example? Maybe something strarts slowing the harddisk for economy reasons?
I don't know, it's just so weird and frustrating.
Here some more observations:

1) in fullscreen mode the stutters/tearing in recorded videos is very visible almost immediately

but

2) in windowed mode at the beginning there is no tearing in a video at all, but after 2 minutes the tearing/stutters kick in

I repeated this several times and its no coincidence

Also... If I switch the refresh rate to 30Hz the gameplay in Dolphin is locked at 30fps
Pages: 1 2