Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Gah! Make it stop! (Fire emblem spams errors when the game is running fine)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, so I've turned off panic handlers, and it still spams this error at me constantly when I'm in battle:

GFx Unknown Opicode (0x47).
This means one of the following:
*The emulated GPU got desynched, disabling dual core can help.
*Command stream corrupted by some spurious memory bug.
*This really is an unknown opicode. (unlikely)
*Some other sort of bug.

Dolphin will likely crash or hang now. Enjoy!

As soon as I click okay, it goes to a different error, saying the following:

Illegal Command 47

Followed by a long stream of things that start with CP, followed by another word and a string of numbers that would be incredibly tedious to type out. If it's really pertinent to type it all out, I will, but I'd rather hear if anybody knows what the problem is, first. (the ability to copy/paste errors would be really nice. XD )

When I click okay on that error, it goes back to the first one (but with different numbers), then this one again (also with different numbers). Back and forth several times, then the game just continues along normally. No crash or hang, just a spam of errors then things proceed just fine. Turning off panic handlers does not stop this.

Oh, actually, there's one last error that comes up either somewhere in the middle or at the end.
FIFO Out of Bounds (sz = 1047876 at 0006edaf)

Oh, by the way, I've tried running the game on 2941, 2845 (nightly, both IL and non-IL), 2811, and 2195. 2195 and 2811 just lock up when I try to play the game, 2845 and 2941 both have the error spamming, but the game runs fine (aside from a low fps problem on pre-rendered scenes) otherwise. The game is actaully running just fine even during the errors. (the game pauses while an error box is up, but after wading through the errors, the game continues along like normal)

Any ideas on how to turn off these errors so I can play the game?
I have the same problem for this game.
Usually, when I change from map mode to battle mode, I get:

GFx Unknown Opicode (0x47).
This means one of the following:
*The emulated GPU got desynched, disabling dual core can help.
*Command stream corrupted by some spurious memory bug.
*This really is an unknown opicode. (unlikely)
*Some other sort of bug.

Dolphin will likely crash or hang now. Enjoy!

and then:
Illegal Command 47

The game actually continued on once, but it usually just crashes.

I disabled dual-core and tampered with a bunch of other settings (I don't know much about them though) but I still get the errors.

I also tried disabling error handling and I get a whole pile of never-ending error messages, didn't want to click ok for an infinite amount of time to see if it actually works at the end.:

FIFO Out of Bounds (sz = 1047876 at 0006edaf)

Using the IL version (I don't know what it does though) makes no difference.

Anyone have any theories? Tamper with some settings?
You may try to disable Dual Core for fixing this (would be slow though)
I already said that I tried disabling Dual Core.

Specs are:
Windows XP MCE 2005
Intel Pentium D (2.8 GHz)
2 GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT (512 MB onboard)
w/ latest drivers
Seems to be really unknown opcode. Dolphin is incomplete.
Sad
Guess the "perfect" emulation tag is incorrect then.
(04-12-2009, 06:37 PM)oharaandrewlp Wrote: [ -> ]Sad
Guess the "perfect" emulation tag is incorrect then.

Perfect in emulation means that you can COMPLETE the game without bigger problem. Errors like that don't count.
Had something similar in Zelda TP yesterday... there was one error message about unknown pointer adress pr frame, so I had to slowly enter the start menu while clicking them away so I could save and restart the emulatorTongue
I used to have that error, i disabled dual core and it ran perfectly...except when you hit areas with the sea on it then major slowdown occurs but it is playable especially if you hotkey EFB disable for those errors when you slow down.

*EDIT* i think it was something like svn 2555 i last played it on
This IS a bigger problem. I guess if you had a LOT of patience, and did a LOT of save state reloads you could finish it, but most of your time would be spent going through error messages and then hoping it doesn't crash.
Pages: 1 2