Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mouse pointing is using wrong window as reference
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

SuperSupermario24

Hello. I'm experiencing an odd issue with using the mouse to emulate Wii Remote pointing. I can't find anyone else mentioning the same issue, so I'm making a thread about it.

I'm trying to use my mouse as an emulated Wii Remote, and so I'm setting the Motion Simulation > Point settings to use Mouse Cursor. However, I'm experiencing incorrect behavior with it. Instead of using the emulation window as the reference point, it's using the Dolphin main window, the one which shows the list of games.

To better illustrate the issue, I recorded a short video:

It doesn't seem to be a calibration issue; I haven't touched any of the calibration settings, and it seems to be calibrated fine anyway, just using the wrong window as reference.

I'm using Windows 10 x64, with Dolphin 5.0-11863 x64. The video shows Super Mario Galaxy 2, but the issue presents itself in Skyward Sword (during the "point at the screen and press A" screen), so it doesn't seem to be game-specific. I'm pretty sure this worked properly in older versions of Dolphin, but I can't name any specific versions (besides stable 5.0), and I don't want to risk breaking things by downgrading to test different versions.

Does anyone know why this might be happening, and what I might be able to do in order to fix it? Thanks for your time Heart

SuperSupermario24

I apologize for the bump, but it's been a couple weeks and I've gotten no reply whatsoever. The issue is still happening on 5.0-11991, and it makes Wii emulation effectively useless for me.

If the case is just that nobody has any assistance to provide, or I need to give more info, please just say that up-front Smile
Seems to happen to me too, although it's less noticeable with render to main window. If you want to try to find the version that broke it without using your normal save data, you can create a portable.txt in the same directory as the executable.

SuperSupermario24

(05-04-2020, 01:44 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to try to find the version that broke it without using your normal save data, you can create a portable.txt in the same directory as the executable.

Ah, I didn't know that, but that's very helpful, thanks!

Narrowing it down a bit, it looks like it broke somewhere between versions 5.0-11713 and 5.0-11719, which are consecutive master builds. 11713 works properly for me, but 11719 doesn't. It looks like some of the commits between these did stuff involving window management, although I'm definitely not knowledgeable enough to tell anything beyond that. Either way, I think that should narrow it down enough ^^