Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Skyward Sword crashes after Link frees his Loftwing (Prequel: Wing Ceremony)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello

I have following the problem. The game crashes after I press D-Pad Down and where Zelda is about to give Link a teach lesson about how to fly his loftwing. The Game freezes and an empty box with "Question" pops up.

I tried it with putting the cheats off and on and well both doesn't work.

Besides I tried it out to make it work to play with my Nintendo Wii Remote MotionPlus and I tried everything. I did read the instructions in the Dolphin Wiki about the Bluetooth Passthrough, nothing has worked so far, neither with an USB Bluetooth Adapter on my PC, neither on the integrated Bluetooth on my Laptop. So I forced myself to play this game with a XBOX 360 Controller even if I don't like it so far. It works but yeah, I mainly complain about the game which crashes =/

Please help me Sad

[Image: CBkhxJ3.jpg]
If you right-click in Dolphin's game list on the game, go to Properties, and then to the Verify tab, use the verify button to see if you have a good dump of the game. If not, you'll have to redump your game disc.

As for the Bluetooth issue, have you looked at the Forum thread about Bluetooth adapter compatibility? And is your installation of Windows up to date? Does a Restart of the computer help?
(04-07-2020, 08:23 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]If you right-click in Dolphin's game list on the game, go to Properties, and then to the Verify tab, use the verify button to see if you have a good dump of the game. If not, you'll have to redump your game disc.

As for the Bluetooth issue, have you looked at the Forum thread about Bluetooth adapter compatibility? And is your installation of Windows up to date? Does a Restart of the computer help?

Hello, there are the Results of the verification you asked for: [Image: pYGXg2P.jpg]

For the Bluetooth adapter compatibility. Not yet. I managed to connect my Wii Remote MotionPlus with the Emulator, but not with the game because there was no Cursor on it. Otherwise, the Game seems to recognize my Wii Remote MotionPlus perfectly fine. My Windows 10 x64 is up-to-date and the restart of my computer didn't help at all.

What should I do now?   Huh
And what now? Do I get help with my issue with this game?
Disabling dual core might fix the guestion error (assuming that is what the error is).
The screen after you set the wiimote down for calibration uses the sensor bar. If you have one, turn on your wii (u). If you are on wii u, you will need to go to the wii mode, or have a spare wiimote stay connected.
(04-09-2020, 04:35 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]Disabling dual core might fix the guestion error (assuming that is what the error is).
The screen after you set the wiimote down for calibration uses the sensor bar. If you have one, turn on your wii (u). If you are on wii u, you will need to go to the wii mode, or have a spare wiimote stay connected.

Unfortunately, the dual core doesn't fix the "Question Error".

I'm playing this Game on PC and yes before this Thread gets closed, I own this Game IRL as well and having a physical official licensed disc, but my TV doesn't work anymore proberly, I don't get a signal from my TV Screen anymore during wierd reasons (need proberly a new one) and can't afford a new TV during my private financial situation. So I am forced to play it on my Computer.

To play Zelda Skyward Sword with my Wii MotionPlus, I've bought two wireless sensor bars and hopefully they'll work because I tried it already out to play Skyward Sword on PC with my Wii MotionPlus via Bluetooth Adapter and I tried out that "Bluetooth Passthrough". Nothing worked so far.
If you don't go into fullscreen, the actual error message should pop up. The "Question" problem is currently being looked into, as that should be an actual error message.
(04-09-2020, 06:26 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't go into fullscreen, the actual error message should pop up.  The "Question" problem is currently being looked into, as that should be an actual error message.

I'm afraid to tell you that but with fullscreen, the error message is not even there and the game crashes. if I go on windowed mode, then I see the empty Error Message. I've attached the Screenshot I've made and as you can see, I'm on windowed mode.
I tried another dump of the game and it works perfectly fine but...

Now I am stuck at the Wing Ceremony and that stupid Loftwing doesn't do what I want  Angry
It is impossible for me to do the Wing Ceremony because the Xbox 360 Controller Calliberation and the Controls are horrible. I have some minor problems with the Sword swinging but GEEZ, this is terrible!
I need some serious help now with the controls because I can't win the Wing Ceremony like this. If I would be able to play this game on my Nintendo Wii, there would be NO problems...
But what can I do now? The Game doesn't crash but the controls making it sheer impossible for me to use the Loftwing proberly and you know how many, many times you have to fly around in Skyward Sword since this game is 50 % about it.

EDIT:
Here are my Efforts what I tried already. 
1. Used the bluetooth connection via my Laptop's Bluetooth coming from the Mainboard. The connection with the Wi Remote MotionPlus and the Emulator worked perfectly fine. However, not with the Game (No Cursor able to be seen in the Screenshot in my edited post)
2. Used the zadig v. 2.5, running as an administrator, tried every replacement driver and everytime I replaced them, the first thing I did was a restart. Each driver did not work because I couldn't connect my Wii MotionPlus Remote with the Game, neither with the Emulator. 

Both ways doesn't work. Well, with the 1st try I managed to connect my Wii Remote MotionPlus with the Dolphin Emulator but not with the Game since well, no Cursor available  Sad

[Image: 2Ert0g1.jpg]
Can you check if your sensor bar is working? Point a phone camera at it to check if the lights are on. If you don't see it, double check with a TV remote, some phines/better cameras have ir filtered.

If you want to use Bluetooth passthrough (still need sensor bar), you have to install the driver, enable Bluetooth passthrough in dolphin, launch a game, and hit sync in both the game and the wiimote.
Pages: 1 2