Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Skyward Sword crashes after Link frees his Loftwing (Prequel: Wing Ceremony)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(04-10-2020, 05:00 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]Can you check if your sensor bar is working? Point a phone camera at it to check if the lights are on. If you don't see it, double check with a TV remote, some phines/better cameras have ir filtered.

If you want to use Bluetooth passthrough (still need sensor bar), you have to install the driver, enable Bluetooth passthrough in dolphin, launch a game, and hit sync in both the game and the wiimote.

I can't check if my sensor bars from my Nintendo Wii or from my Nintendo Wii U is still working because I even don't get a signal from my TV for the Nintendo Wii/Wii U. That means, the power is working but I don't get any Screen Signal. Hence why I started to play Wii/Gamecube Games on my PC a long time ago.

I need sensor bars which can be connected via a bluetooth connection as well. Because there is no physical Connection between my Wii Sensor Bars and my PC or Laptop possible. Unless you know adapters who having this connection sleeve for USB and Wii Sensor Bar. If so, then please send me links where I can buy them. I already ordered 2 sensor bars and waiting for their arrival.
(04-10-2020, 06:03 AM)xX_Gamer_Xx Wrote: [ -> ]I need sensor bars which can be connected via a bluetooth connection as well. Because there is no physical Connection between my Wii Sensor Bars and my PC or Laptop possible.

There is no need for a connection between your computer and the sensor bar. The sensor bar just needs to get power from somewhere.
(04-10-2020, 06:30 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]There is no need for a connection between your computer and the sensor bar. The sensor bar just needs to get power from somewhere.

To elaborate on JosJuice's post:

The SensorBar is nothing but a set of IR lights it doesn't send or receive any data. Your WiiMote has an IR camera inside it and will detect where in space the IR lights are and send that to the game.

So basically all you have to do is turn on your Wii with the SensorBar connected and it should get power (maybe you must connect a Wiimote to the Wii to press A to get into the Wii Menu, but that is it)

For a Wii U to give power to a SensorBar you actually need to go into Virtual Wii Mode, from there on out the SensorBar will work. Another interesting fact about the Wii U: the Wii U Gamepad (the one with the screen) has a Sensor Bar build into it so if you turn on your Wii U and go into vWii mode and point the WiiMote at the Wii U gamepad, a cursor should show up on your computer as well...
(04-11-2020, 07:06 AM)mstreurman Wrote: [ -> ]To elaborate on JosJuice's post:

The SensorBar is nothing but a set of IR lights it doesn't send or receive any data. Your WiiMote has an IR camera inside it and will detect where in space the IR lights are and send that to the game.

So basically all you have to do is turn on your Wii with the SensorBar connected and it should get power (maybe you must connect a Wiimote to the Wii to press A to get into the Wii Menu, but that is it)

For a Wii U to give power to a SensorBar you actually need to go into Virtual Wii Mode, from there on out the SensorBar will work. Another interesting fact about the Wii U: the Wii U Gamepad (the one with the screen) has a Sensor Bar build into it so if you turn on your Wii U and go into vWii mode and point the WiiMote at the Wii U gamepad, a cursor should show up on your computer as well...

Thank you very much for elaborating it. I did  not understand it but now I do better!  Smile

Once I'll get another bluetooth adapter (sadly I sent the another one away because I thought there will be no way ever for me to play Skyward Sword proberly. Soooo I have to wait *laugh*  Big Grin
The Problem is solved ! Big Grin

I tried it out with my Nintendo Wii Sensor Bar and it worked. However, I noticed quite fast that this is not efficient at all (additional power usage that means higher power costs X3 additional it's a danger I'm putting myself in by accidently falling over the cables !!! )

So I decided to buy wireless sensor bars which function during the usage of batteries. Now all I need is a battery charger and batterys which are compatible with the mentioned charger.

Problem is solved and Thread can be closed !!! Big Grin

Everyone, thank you so much for helping me.
Pages: 1 2