Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin often crashes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ZXKW

Dolphin keeps giving me errors and crashing, maybe someone can help? I am using Dolphin 5.0-11825.
I was playing Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance with a texture pack found here: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-fi...es-updated
I am getting errors such as:

"GFX FIFO: Unknown Opcode (0x12 @ 00000186073B8AC7, preprocess=false).
This means one of the following:
* The emulated GPU got desynced, disabling dual core can help
* Command stream corrupted by some spurious memory bugs
* This really is an unknown opcode (unlikely)
* Some other sort of bug"

"Illegal command 12
CPBase: 0x00486580
CPEnd: 00506560
CPHiWatermark: 0x0007c000
CPLoWatermark: 0x00040000
CPReadWriteDistance: 0x00000060
CPWritePointer: 0x004865e0
CPReadPointer: 0x00486580
CPBreakpoint: 0x00000000
bFF_GPReadEnable: false
bFF_BPEnable: false
bFF_BPInt: false
bFF_Breakpoint: false
bFF_GPLinkEnable: false
bFF_HiWatermarkInt: false
bFF_LoWatermarkInt: false"

"An error occurred.

Line: 344
File: C:/buildbot/release-win-x64/build/Source/Core/VideoCommon/VertexLoaderManager.cpp"

"An error occurred.

Line: 19
File: C:/buildbot/release-win-x64/build/Source/Core/VideoCommon/VertexShaderGen.cpp"

"Failed to link shaders: <--file location of attachments
Debug info (NVIDIA Corporation, GeForce GTX 1660 Super/PCIe/SSE2/, 4.6.0 NVIDIA 442.74):
Link info
---------
error: Order within interface block differs for member variable VertexData.clipDist0 between stages
error: Order within interface block differs for member variable VertexData.clipDist1 between stages
error: Block "VertexData" mismatch between shader stages"

The last error and the .txt attachments appear when using OpenGL as the backend, the other ones appear when using Direct3D 12 or Vulkan as the backend, if I remember correctly. I have not tried the other backends. Sometimes it seems like using "Disable Emulation Speed Limit" to speed up the game makes it more likely to crash, but it can crash without speeding up the game.
If you're getting errors that are dependent on whether you're using a texture pack and what speed you are running the game at, the problem is likely dual core related. Try turning off the dual core setting.