Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin not launching
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Using latest version, dolphin isn't launching at all. No error message or anything. Tried reinstalling adapter drivers, updating dolphin. It just won't open.
Is this install https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help...-downloads it a link to Visual C++ redistributable for Visual Studio 2019 make sure you get the x64 download.
(04-01-2020, 06:46 AM)themaster123 Wrote: [ -> ]Is this install https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help...-downloads  it a link to Visual C++ redistributable for Visual Studio 2019 make sure you get the x64 download.

I do have it, it stopped working all of a sudden

Cesposito23

I am having this same exact issue, I just downloaded Dolphin for the first time and nothing will launch. It opens a white popup box and closes RetroArch I have downloaded the C++ visuals and still no luck
(04-02-2020, 06:08 AM)Cesposito23 Wrote: [ -> ]I am having this same exact issue, I just downloaded Dolphin for the first time and nothing will launch. It opens a white popup box and closes RetroArch I have downloaded the C++ visuals and still no luck

It closes RetroArch? We can only help you with the official version of Dolphin, not the RetroArch version.
(04-02-2020, 06:13 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]It closes RetroArch? We can only help you with the official version of Dolphin, not the RetroArch version.

I don't use RetroArch, not sure what that is. Dolphin just doesn't launch all of a sudden.. everything worked fine a few days ago. I just wanna play super mario sunshine Sad
Turn off Fast Boot in Windows Power Options, and then reboot to see if this fixes your problem
(04-04-2020, 05:35 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Turn off Fast Boot in Windows Power Options, and then reboot to see if this fixes your problem
It didn't fix it
When you download the latest dev build, do you extract everything in the .zip file to a new location (aka not overwriting old Dolphin versions)?
(04-05-2020, 12:16 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]When you download the latest dev build, do you extract everything in the .zip file to a new location (aka not overwriting old Dolphin versions)?

Yes I extract to another location
Pages: 1 2