Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Slowdown in Mario Sunshine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've recently had a problem where when I'm in fullscreen mode the game's emulated speed falls to a complete crawl in specific areas, delfino plaza has a lot of hot spots but it's better in the actual worlds. It's fine in windowed mode but I would love for a fix in fullscreen, I have v-sync turned on naturally but I know that can drop performance if emulated speed is below 100 percent so I'm really curious as to the cause. This isn't hardware related, I have a good PC and when I turn all the settings to the original it still happens. Thanks!
Also I assume these are a result of emulation/are game related but I'd also like to point out that sometimes when loading into an area the music completely drops out until I go to a new area and I've also had the game crash a few times when pressing the 'Z' button. Don't know if these are solvable but I thought I'd say them in case there's a fix.
Make sure your windows power plan and nvidia power management mode are both at high performance.

Random crashes might be dualcore enabled. Turn it off. Music might be speed up disk transfer rate?
(03-11-2020, 12:32 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure your windows power plan and nvidia power management mode are both at high performance.

Random crashes might be dualcore enabled. Turn it off. Music might be speed up disk transfer rate?

After playing for a little while I haven't encountered a crash or music problem so hopefully thats fine but the slow emulation speed is still plaguing me when in fullscreen mode, i did check my performance for both and they were both at high.
(03-11-2020, 12:20 PM)calebthegeek Wrote: [ -> ]After playing for a little while I haven't encountered a crash or music problem so hopefully thats fine but the slow emulation speed is still plaguing me when in fullscreen mode, i did check my performance for both and they were both at high.

If you are laptop, plug it in and/or disable battery boost in geforce experience. Make sure you are not on auto internal resolution.
(03-11-2020, 12:40 PM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]If you are laptop, plug it in and/or disable battery boost in geforce experience. Make sure you are not on auto internal resolution.

I'm using a desktop and I'm not using auto, this is only happening with Mario Sunshine for some reason. Specifically in Delfino Plaza it slows down every time no matter what when the news report starts at the bottom and doesn't stop until it's completely gone and when I get near the portal entrances it slows to a crawl until the effect is unloaded. It's rather annoying  Undecided
(03-11-2020, 12:56 PM)calebthegeek Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using a desktop and I'm not using auto, this is only happening with Mario Sunshine for some reason. Specifically in Delfino Plaza it slows down every time no matter what when the news report starts at the bottom and doesn't stop until it's completely gone and when I get near the portal entrances it slows to a crawl until the effect is unloaded. It's rather annoying  Undecided

Create a portable.txt in the same directory as dolphin. This will make dolphin use new configs/saves. You probably have some weird option set.
(03-11-2020, 01:39 PM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]Create a portable.txt in the same directory as dolphin. This will make dolphin use new configs/saves. You probably have some weird option set.

Like this? https://imgur.com/a/wlnLDFg 

If so I still get intense slowdown in fullscreen, if that's not what you meant then my bad.
(03-11-2020, 01:52 PM)calebthegeek Wrote: [ -> ]Like this? https://imgur.com/a/wlnLDFg 

If so I still get intense slowdown in fullscreen, if that's not what you meant then my bad.

No, it should go here.

[Image: 4zZYHEo.png]

You know it worked when dolphin acts like a fresh install.
(03-11-2020, 11:55 PM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]No, it should go here.

[Image: 4zZYHEo.png]

You know it worked when dolphin acts like a fresh install.

Thank you, it worked. However a new and even stranger issue has occurred. I was playing Sunshine at about 4x to 6x IR and 4x SSAA depending on location but now I can't even push past 2x SSAA and 2x IR before the game lags out like crazy. 
Pages: 1 2