Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Issues and some configuration suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HI

I have the latest Dolphin emulator version and i have a good pc:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
RAM: 16 GB RAM
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER

I currently have an issue with a lot of games: there are some horizonal line during the game... i have this issue with almost all the games, so I suppose that i have to modify some options... I have same issue with Dolphin Ishiiruka

What do you suggest in order to configure the emulator with its best performance? I mean which are the best settings in General and Enhacements tabs? For example, i selected Open GL, Internal resolution = 3X, Antialiasing = 8X, Anisotropic Filter = 16X, Post Processing = off

Thank you
Personally I like to max out the resolution when using HD texture packs but when I'm just playing regularly I tend to set my anti aliasing as high as my computer can handle. SSAA is much smoother but much more demanding, however your computer is a fair bit better than mine so I think you can get away with a mix of high settings, it can vary game to game though as in my case I have to bump mario sunshine a notch or two in the settings as opposed to when I play Wario World which I can play with higher settings. As with the backends I've played around with them but I never really noticed any differences so I just keep it at OpenGL. Also do you mind sharing a screenshot of this horizontal line issue? I don't think I've heard of such problem before, if you're talking about screen tearing turn on V-Sync and it should stop.
thanks.
I have a fullHD monitor so i'm using a 3X resolution because i think that i don't have a reald advantage if I set highter resolution...
Currently I have 8XMSAA and Anisotropic filter 16X, with post processing off.  
I tried also 8xSSAA but even if my GPU/CPU/RAM aren't used a lot, games have some slowdown in some area or during cut scenes, for example. I don't know why...  So I tried 4xSSAA and everything works correctly as 8XMSAA.  Well, I don't notice differences between 8XMSAA and 4XSSAA...but 4XSSAA should be a little better, am I right?

Which is a good software in order to verify cpu/gpu/ram performance during a game session?

Thnak you!