Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Flickering in Fortune Street with Vulkan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

BaconShrimpEyes

As a MacOS user, OpenGL has given awful performance on my machine since it was mostly deprecated a couple years ago. Mostly, switching to the Vulkan backend has introduced no major issues for me. However, recently, Fortune Street (US release) has been having particularly bad flickering issues.

For instance, on these menus there should be bushes in the background:
[Image: Screen%20Shot%202019-12-01%20at%209.07.52%20AM.png]

More obviously, there should be prices on the in-game shop signs:
[Image: Screen%20Shot%202019-12-01%20at%209.08.42%20AM.png]

These issues aren't present using OpenGL or the software renderer, but I instead get constant slowdown and poor performance. This happens both on the latest build (5.0-11319) and less recent ones. I'm not having similar issues with anything else in my library. Any reason this is happening/any way to prevent it? Thank you...

kuba77

Ocarina of Time (Legend of Zelda, the collector's edition) has been having the same issues. I am a MacOs user too, this bug is visible only in Vulcan.

[attachment=18475]

Krenz

Could this bug be plaguing even more games than those two?
It looks like it affects sunshine (or at least used to)
https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2018/12/04/...vk-compare

kuba77

(12-19-2019, 06:44 AM)kuba77 Wrote: [ -> ]Ocarina of Time (Legend of Zelda, the collector's edition) has been having the same issues. I am a MacOs user too, this bug is visible only in Vulcan.

I've found strange solution! In version 11105 this bug is not visible when I open up emulators upper menu. (e.g. emulation-load state) and leave mouse cursor in certain place. In more recent versions it's not possible. (buggy elements flicker but are still visible)

kuba77

(01-03-2020, 07:38 PM)kuba77 Wrote: [ -> ]I've found strange solution! In version 11105 this bug is not visible when I open up emulators upper menu. (e.g. emulation-load state) and leave mouse cursor in certain place. In more recent versions it's not possible. (buggy elements flicker but are still visible)

I've just found even better solution that works in latest version. Selecting FXAA as post processing effect eliminates this bug.