Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: how are you supposed to play gamecube games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
this is mainly directed at helios, who banned me a few ears ago, how the hell are you meant to play gamecube games on this emulator without downloading them? the disc tray will not read them as they are too small, so what are you meant to do genius? and why would you ban me for something that emulators do? this is a free version of a paid console, so why not ban everyone who downloads it too?
(11-15-2019, 11:46 PM)xmech420 Wrote: [ -> ]how the hell are you meant to play gamecube games on this emulator without downloading them?

The most common (and cheapest) method is to use a Wii modified to run homebrew. A working Wii capable of reading GameCube discs will set you back $20 USD on average, and installing homebrew takes about 10-15 minutes (most of it is just setting up the SD card the first time). From there, most of us use a program called CleanRip that lets you insert a disc and dump the contents.

(11-15-2019, 11:46 PM)xmech420 Wrote: [ -> ]why would you ban me for something that emulators do?

We ban people who talk about downloading games. It's strictly against our Global Forum Rules. We've had these policies for over a decade now on these forums. Please be sure to read and fully understand them. If you have any questions or find something unclear, Forum Staff are available to help.

Please note that duplicate/alternate accounts are explicitly prohibited here. If you create another account to avoid an active ban, you will simply get banned again. If you are banned but need to discuss something related to the forums, a number of Forum Staff are available to contact via e-mail, myself included.

(11-15-2019, 11:46 PM)xmech420 Wrote: [ -> ]this is a free version of a paid console, so why not ban everyone who downloads it too?

The emulator itself is legal to download. Downloading games is not. Dolphin is the work of others who license it under the GPL and is the product of reverse-engineering and research. Games and other software are copyrighted to various companies (Nintendo et al) and cannot be freely shared over the internet due to restrictions on intellectual property. We ban everyone who talks about downloading games because that violates copyright law (in most countries).
i use Cleanrip on the Gamecube to get my games
Perm ban me then I don't care anymore, if you're gonna pull bullshit like this I don't care what you do
ok. Glad I saw this before anybody else. I get to kick you out twice!
Also your bio had a lot of weird errors? Maybe a forum bug? So I fixed that for you too!

[Image: uuHrGvV.png]