Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can i run games on Dolphin even 30 fps?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Tomazz

I have tried to run games on Dolphin many times, but as always it doesn´t work. I have tried Super Mario Sunshine, New Super Mario Bros. Wii and some others. But my laptop can´t just run them smooth! Are there any good working settings or Doesn´t my laptop just have enough good performance?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Specs : 13-inch Macbook Pro Late 2011

Processor : 2,4 Ghz Intel Core i5

Memory : 4 Gt 1333 Mhz DDR3

Graphics Card : Intel HD Graphics 3000, 384 Mt

Operating system : MacOS High Sierra, Version 10.13.6

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anybody now good settings to run games On Dolphin 30 fps?

Games I wan´t to try are Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart - Double Dash, Luigi´s Mansion, Metroid Prime & New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Thanks if You have time to help! Big Grin
There is really only so far that you can push the i5 2435m in your macbook. Basically the default Dolphin settings at native resolution (a new dev build for all the little performance improvements) and that is about as fast as you are going to get Dolphin to run on your system, For specs like this it becomes more about finding games in your collection that will work with what you have in terms of performance more then finding settings that fix more demanding games.
You also have the dreaded Intel HD 300 on macOS. Basically it has the worst driver support of any iGPU from Apple. If you can't get a better computer (because your specs really aren't that great), then I suggest you either use Bootcamp to install Windows, or dual-boot Linux for better driver support

Tomazz

Oh Okay. Is Dolphin working better for example, on Macbook pro 2015, 13 or 15 inch?
Does Dolphin work on Intel Iris 6100 or Pro?
I'd suggest getting something with a dgpu if you're willing to spend that much money on a laptop that's specifically going to be used for dolphin.
(04-07-2019, 10:04 AM)BFCE Wrote: [ -> ]I'd suggest getting something with a dgpu if you're willing to spend that much money on a laptop that's specifically going to be used for dolphin.

I'd suggest not getting a MacBook AT ALL... there is literally nothing that a Mac/OSX can do that a PC/Win10 machine can't do better for less money
I fixed your comment to make you sound less like a douchebag
(04-08-2019, 06:01 AM)mstreurman Wrote: [ -> ]I'd suggest not getting a MacBook AT ALL... there is literally nothing that a Mac/OSX can do that a PC/Win10 machine can't do better for less money

are you talking specifically about gaming?

Tomazz

I'm talking about emulating wii/gamecube games on laptop.
For emulation there is no advantage to MacOS over linux or windows, and there is no advantage in hardware (again for emulation) in an Apple made laptop over almost anyother manufacturers laptop at the same price (sometimes at a lower price as well). If you need a Mac for some reason (emulation should not be that reason) then the 2015 15" (and only the 15") Macbook pros uses HQ series core i5 and i7 processors. They will be much better then the 2435m in your current Macbook, but you will still want to dual boot and run a different OS when actually running emulators to get past Apple's driver support or lack there of. Keep in mind that emulation for long periods of time is one of the more stressful things you can do in terms of CPU heat generation and the 2015 macbook pro (early and late 15") are known for having heat issues just doing more normal Mac things that also stress the CPU (video editing comes to mind).
Pages: 1 2