Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Eternal Darkness Aspect Ratio question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Aerris

First of all, a big thank you to all of the developers, staff and regulars who made this awesome project, and everything around it work! Your work is much appreciated!

Now, I've got a question concerning Eternal Darkness, that could perhaps apply to games in general.

I've got a 1920x1080 screen, and, Eternal Darkness supports 16:9 resolution - but when I turn it on, and set Dolphins aspect ratio to 16:9, the screen still isnt "full"

[Image: 4nkaSNe]

Is it supposed to be like this? If not, how should i fix it?
That's the aspect ratio that the game has in widescreen. Your options are to keep it the way it is, crop the image, stretch the image, or use the widescreen hack.
Isnt there AR or geko codes that can fix this though? like in this link? http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2007
(01-28-2019, 01:13 AM)Aerris Wrote: [ -> ]First of all, a big thank you to all of the developers, staff and regulars who made this awesome project, and everything around it work! Your work is much appreciated!

Now, I've got a question concerning Eternal Darkness, that could perhaps apply to games in general.

I've got a 1920x1080 screen, and, Eternal Darkness supports 16:9 resolution - but when I turn it on, and set Dolphins aspect ratio to 16:9, the screen still isnt "full"

[Image: 4nkaSNe]

Is it supposed to be like this? If not, how should i fix it?

The wiki page of the game says to put the aspect ratio on Auto and not Force 16:9.

If that still does not solve your problem you could also use Stretch to Window.
(02-07-2019, 02:01 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]The wiki page of the game says to put the aspect ratio on Auto and not Force 16:9.

Force 16:9 is fine. Won't make any difference, though.