Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: can't open, opengl renderer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

D-Proto

Hi, i just tried out this emu for the sole reason of playing Megaman 9, i got the rom, tried it out on default options and i got this error

this is my RiG

Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.8 Ghz
4 GB DDR2 800 Ram
Nvidia Gforce 9800 GTX+
Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit

Yes i downloaded the 64 bit version of dolphin, and yes i downloaded the lastest version.
Try to update DirectX. Also, for sure, post settings you are trying to play with.

cmccmc

PIRACY IS NOT SUPPORTED HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

D-Proto

(04-10-2009, 10:38 PM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]Try to update DirectX. Also, for sure, post settings you are trying to play with.

Nope, i have the lastest directx, DirectX 10 and even, i installed some tiny update just released for directx10 and it doesn't work either.
i think it's the plugin, maybe i need to get another one, or the emu blows on vista.
Having DX10 doesn't mean you have all the required components. I am running Dolphin on Vista Ultimate, with all the updates installed, without any problems (albeit it runs faster on XP). You still need to run the Microsoft DX Updater. There are updates it installs that isn't automatically installed by Vista.
(04-10-2009, 11:32 PM)cmccmc Wrote: [ -> ]PIRACY IS NOT SUPPORTED HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

He/she never said they downloaded the rom o.O just because they called it a rom doesn't mean they downloaded it, most game emulators refer to the games as roms (e.g. gba roms), but on the other hand if they did download the game i will retract what i said and also say we do not support piracy.
Honestly, I'm here to say that I'm sure more than 50% of the people here download their roms illegally, because
a] they don't have the time
b] they don't have the correct drive or whatever
c] it's just more convienent.

Personally I don't think that it matters if they downloaded the rom, even if they do say they did, as long as they don't provide links to wherever. It's not like by you caps locking them with PIRACY ISNT SUPPORTED HERE, is gonna make them stop downloading things, so I just say to hell with it and get over it.

Now that is not to say for people to start posting where they download and whta not. What you do with your own stuff is your own business..

-end rant-

just my thoughts.

on topic, maybe the game doesn't work with the emulator at the moment, (newest rev might have messed something up.)

cmccmc

(04-11-2009, 08:21 AM)Glurion Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2009, 11:32 PM)cmccmc Wrote: [ -> ]PIRACY IS NOT SUPPORTED HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

He/she never said they downloaded the rom o.O just because they called it a rom doesn't mean they downloaded it, most game emulators refer to the games as roms (e.g. gba roms), but on the other hand if they did download the game i will retract what i said and also say we do not support piracy.
He said these words:"i got the rom". That typically means that he got it from somewhere else implying that he did not rip it himself.
(04-11-2009, 11:51 AM)Zaertix Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, I'm here to say that I'm sure more than 50% of the people here download their roms illegally, because
a] they don't have the time
b] they don't have the correct drive or whatever
c] it's just more convienent.

Personally I don't think that it matters if they downloaded the rom, even if they do say they did, as long as they don't provide links to wherever. It's not like by you caps locking them with PIRACY ISNT SUPPORTED HERE, is gonna make them stop downloading things, so I just say to hell with it and get over it.

Now that is not to say for people to start posting where they download and whta not. What you do with your own stuff is your own business..

-end rant-

just my thoughts.

on topic, maybe the game doesn't work with the emulator at the moment, (newest rev might have messed something up.)

In all honesty i agree with you, I mean this forum is about dolphin-emu, not the games themselves.
You're right in some respect. But getting pirated software could be a reason why the games aren't playing correctly. So it can be a legit reason to relate some problems to how they obtained there games.
Pages: 1 2 3