Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: can't open, opengl renderer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(04-11-2009, 11:51 AM)Zaertix Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, I'm here to say that I'm sure more than 50% of the people here download their roms illegally, because
a] they don't have the time
b] they don't have the correct drive or whatever
c] it's just more convienent.

Personally I don't think that it matters if they downloaded the rom, even if they do say they did, as long as they don't provide links to wherever. It's not like by you caps locking them with PIRACY ISNT SUPPORTED HERE, is gonna make them stop downloading things, so I just say to hell with it and get over it.

Now that is not to say for people to start posting where they download and whta not. What you do with your own stuff is your own business..

-end rant-

just my thoughts.

on topic, maybe the game doesn't work with the emulator at the moment, (newest rev might have messed something up.)

I'm saying 3rd time. You hurt people with this post about piracy. Me for example.

(04-11-2009, 11:57 AM)cmccmc Wrote: [ -> ]He said these words:"i got the rom". That typically means that he got it from somewhere else implying that he did not rip it himself.

I got roms from my GC/Wii discs too. Feel the pain!!!

D-Proto

(04-11-2009, 07:57 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]Having DX10 doesn't mean you have all the required components. I am running Dolphin on Vista Ultimate, with all the updates installed, without any problems (albeit it runs faster on XP). You still need to run the Microsoft DX Updater. There are updates it installs that isn't automatically installed by Vista.
Just downloaded any possible update available, im serious, and i still have the same error when trying to run the game.
I'd just like to add that DirectX has nothing to do with OpenGL issues, so recommending that someone updates their DirectX because of an issue with the OpenGL plugin isn't going to do a bit of good.

A couple of things, do you have the latest Visual C++ redistributable installed x86/x64? Also are your Video card drivers updated to the latest? If not, download the latest Forceware from Nvidia, uninstall your old drivers and install the new(er) drivers..

If that doesn't work, check the Nvidia Control Panel to see if the extension limit is disabled under 3d options.

Also there is an issue with some Nvidia cards such as the 9800 GT and Dolphin, try enabling dual core for the games. I notice that if I have dual core mode disabled in Dolphin, I'll get the error that you mentioned in your post. I also get this error if I stop emulation of one game, then try to start another game without closing and relaunching the emulator first..
Xtreme2damax, the error he received is very common to not having the most up to date DX extensions. nosound97 & I have been helping in these forums for a long time now. And more than 95% of the time when people post this error, it's because they didn't use the MS DX Updater. So, please, don't act like we don't know what we're talking about. We are fully aware of the differences between DirectX & OpenGL.

Also, because if a developer chose to use OpenGL 3D graphics API, the other APIs of DirectX are often combined with OpenGL in computer games because OpenGL does not include all of DirectX's functionality. So, a dev can correct me if I'm wrong, but they're probably using Direct3D in conjunction with OpenGL.

D-Proto, download the file from this link and run it...

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...layLang=en
I don't know who you are or why you felt the need to target me directly and nitpick my post, but OpenGL errors have absolutely nothing to do with DirectX regardless of what you may think or think you know. Even ector and the other developers will be able to state this. OpenGL is an entirely separate API from DirectX, thus updating DirectX wouldn't affect nor solve any problems or errors related to OpenGL..

Also he specifically mentioned that he already manually updated DirectX, yet he is still getting that error, so I guess you must really know what you are talking about right? Reading a bit before spouting off and nitpicking others posts would help keep you from looking uninformed eh?

Also no one ever said you didn't have no idea what you were talking about to begin with, so you can calm down with that tone towards me. I know quite a bit more than what you think I know, and am definitely no n00b, checking Ngemu and My website will clearly show that..

The other DirectX API's combined with OpenGL on typical computer games are Dsound, Dinput and Xinput, again not related to the graphics API OpenGL which is what we are referring to. None of the error(s) he mentioned were related to DirectX at all. If DirectX were a problem, the pad plugin, dsp plugin, DirectX video plugin, and possibly the Wiimote plugin would all fail to load when launching the emulator.

Well it's late and I don't feel like arguing, all I can say is to research a bit more as you don't seem to have an inkling of what you are talking about. I am quite confident that what I said is entirely valid give or take a couple things..
1st, if you read what he posted, he stated he did the WINDOWS UPDATES and it didn't fix it. nosound97 & I told him he needs to do the MS DX Updater which he has failed to ever state he has done. He thought having DX10 meant everything was up to date. So you can read what he said & my responses. I "targeted" you because you said "recommending that someone updates their DirectX because of an issue with the OpenGL plugin isn't going to do a bit of good". Who were you talking about? nosound97 & I were the only ones who made that recommendation.

Not only have I and others recommended this many times for that same error (via forum posts and private messages), but when I 1st started using Dolphin (revision 2630), I got the same error, and I was able to fix it with the DX updater. On both XP & Vista Ultimate. I'm not saying you don't have some good advice, but it's rude to tell people they are making useless suggestions. Didn't feel good when I targeted you, well that's what you did to me and nosound97.

Until D-Proto downloads the file I directly linked him to and installs it, this is a useless discussion. He's already done everything else.
So what does DirectX have to do with OpenGL? Clearly his DirectX is updated if he is not reporting errors with loading Simple Pad - Dolphin KB/X360 plugin, the DirectX video plugin, Dsp plugins, and Wiimote plugin upon launching the emulator.

Irregardless of whether he stated that he updated DirectX, a little common sense would reveal that if he wasn't reporting problems with loading the plugins above, that his DirectX was likely already updated and wasn't an issue.

I've also been providing compiles of Dolphin as well as used them myself since Dolphin first went open source, I also have used the older versions of Dolphin in the past before the svn builds. I am quite familiar with Dolphin, and any problems related to Dolphin.

Updating DirectX will only affect the DirectX based plugins that use any of the DirectX API's, such as Dsound, D3D, Xinput, Dinput etc. Xinput isn't a DirectX Api perse, but it's still a derivative of the DirectX/Dinput Api, which is why the DirectX updater also updates Xinput. The KB/X360 plugin is based off of both Dinput and Xinput, the Keyboard aspect of the plugin likely uses Dinput, and Xinput for the Xbox 360 pad.

Whenever there is a problem regarding OpenGL the only things that would be an issue is having outdated video card drivers, a configuration issue, or could possibly be due to not installing the Visual C++ redistributable for his system and the build of Dolphin he is using.

As I mentioned DirectX is an entirely separate api from OpenGL, if people claimed in the past that updating DirectX solved their problem with OpenGL either there was a miscommunication, it was pure coincidence, or something else other than updating DirectX solved their problem that they forgot to mention or was unknown.

No one was targeting you or nosound directly, I was just merely offering proper advice. Did I specifically call out you or nosound or mention your names in my post? Would you rather someone gets the wrong advice or something that will actually help them? I'll admit that I may have corrected what nosound originally said, but that was only so the topic starter got the advice he needed, the correction and advice were with good intentions.
I respect your post and it was well stated. However, I still believe it has fixed this problem in the past. And when I got the error in Vista, the only thing I installed to fix it was the MS DX Updater. With XP, I installed the DX Updater w/VC++2008 @ the same time, so I can't say it was just the DX Updater. I have received PM's from people who told me the suggestion fixed the problem. And they did not indicate anything else having been done. Also, why I have several of my REP points, was due to this very thing. I think we can agree to disagree on this Smile

D-Proto

(04-11-2009, 07:57 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]Having DX10 doesn't mean you have all the required components. I am running Dolphin on Vista Ultimate, with all the updates installed, without any problems (albeit it runs faster on XP). You still need to run the Microsoft DX Updater. There are updates it installs that isn't automatically installed by Vista.

I tell you, from the moment you posted this on 1st page, i googled "Microsoft DX Updater" and the 2nd link is the same think you are giving me now.
I also tried out download the huge file from the 1st link (500MB) and it didn't work either
When i said i was serious about Installed every directx update possible, i was dead serious..

Thanks Xtreme what you say has more sence, from the start i was like WTF when people told me it was DirectX problem when the error is about OpenGL, a plugin.. it didn't make any sence.

I'll look more into it, i think my Video Card drivers are from February.
Opengl, doesn't directly require the Dx updates.

However the controller or audio systems might require the latest Dx files be installed.

Some emulators also have an issue where all the plugins are init'd even though they are not used, which is another point where a crash can occur when the latest Dx files are not installed.

(04-19-2009, 04:46 PM)D-Proto Wrote: [ -> ]

I tell you, from the moment you posted this on 1st page, i googled "Microsoft DX Updater" and the 2nd link is the same think you are giving me now.
I also tried out download the huge file from the 1st link (500MB) and it didn't work either
When i said i was serious about Installed every directx update possible, i was dead serious..

Thanks Xtreme what you say has more sence, from the start i was like WTF when people told me it was DirectX problem when the error is about OpenGL, a plugin.. it didn't make any sence.

I'll look more into it, i think my Video Card drivers are from February.

you want the Redist, the 500MB kit is a Developer run time.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en

you also want the VC2008 SP1 runtime/redist
Pages: 1 2 3