Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Why can’t wiped gcm fixer fix my dumped Luigi’s Mansion iso to 1.4GB???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Every time I punch in FSTFIX Luigi’s Mansion (USA).iso t s f the CMD says either:

File Not Found

Or:

Sorry This ISO is not Fixable in this version!

Sooooo how much longer do I have to struggle until I can play my dumped Luigi’s Mansion on Dolphin?!!

The disc dumped as an iso onto my C drive so what’s going on here, what’s the issue I’m missing???
If your ISO file doesn't work in Dolphin right now, I don't think fstfix can do anything to it that makes it work in Dolphin. fstfix is more for when you're going to burn a disc image to a DVD-R if I've understood it correctly.

In what way did you dump the ISO file?
(01-20-2019, 12:44 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]If your ISO file doesn't work in Dolphin right now, I don't think fstfix can do anything to it that makes it work in Dolphin. fstfix is more for when you're going to burn a disc image to a DVD-R if I've understood it correctly.

In what way did you dump the ISO file?

I did everything the forums said, downloaded friidump, dumped the iso from my GameCube disc after 6+ hours of hard patience. Then I found out it wouldn’t load cause it was 7+GB and had to be 1.4GB to play which confused me even more so I ran into Wiped GSM Cleaner and it’s fixing my dumped iso a single bit.

So I wouldn’t think there’s anything wrong with how I dumped it, since I used friidump which everyone claims to work when rawdump fails.
If Friidump gave you a file that's bigger than 1.4 GB for a GameCube disc, there's probably something wrong with dumping process. Can you open the ISO file in a hex editor and see what it starts with? The first six bytes should be something like GLME01 (in the ASCII view) for the American version of Luigi's Mansion. If it doesn't look anything like that, the dump is broken.

Normally we recommend dumping with a Wii, since its simpler and compatible hardware is easier to find, but it should be possible with Friidump too.
(01-20-2019, 01:30 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]If Friidump gave you a file that's bigger than 1.4 GB for a GameCube disc, there's probably something wrong with dumping process. Can you open the ISO file in a hex editor and see what it starts with? The first six bytes should be something like GLME01 (in the ASCII view) for the American version of Luigi's Mansion. If it doesn't look anything like that, the dump is broken.

Normally we recommend dumping with a Wii, since its simpler and compatible hardware is easier to find, but it should be possible with Friidump too.

I have an ASUS DVD drive by the way, I’m not sure if that’s an issue or not. Right now I’m dumping my Mario Sunshine and it’s also super slow.
(01-20-2019, 01:30 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]If Friidump gave you a file that's bigger than 1.4 GB for a GameCube disc, there's probably something wrong with dumping process. Can you open the ISO file in a hex editor and see what it starts with? The first six bytes should be something like GLME01 (in the ASCII view) for the American version of Luigi's Mansion. If it doesn't look anything like that, the dump is broken.

I just downloaded Hex Editor Pro(assuming it’s a good reliable brand) and it opened and crashed and refuses to open anymore, not sure what’s going on here.

If I remember correctly the first 2 lines looked like the following:

And possibly the 3rd looked like:

I don’t know if this was in the ASCII view or not, perhaps you’d recommend a better hex editor. Anyways, should I redump from scratch, cause I’m growing very impatient now. Takes forever to dump these ISO’s(let alone be playable in Dolphin...)
Sooo CMD wouldn’t work so I’ve also tried the Wiped GCM Fixer GUI app, every time I locate my overdumped Mario Sunshine or Luigi’s Mansion ISO’s(7.92GB each from Friidump) they are hidden from my desktop screen, blank screen as if they never existed.

Sooo why won’t this application find a single one of my ISO’s? Any better alternative to fix my overdumped ISO’s. Would deeply appreciate it.
FriiDump works only with specific optical drives and it should give you the correct dump right away. Given the symptoms, your optical drive probably isn't compatible at all and you have to find another way to dump your ISOs (a used Wii probably being the cheapest)...
I can't say anything about about dumping games on a pc, but i want to point out what fstfix does. It's a very old program, from when people used modchips on gamecubes and put several games on one disc. In order to get even more games on each disc, the games were shrunken to the actual data that is on the discs. Some of the programs used for this ignored that audio streaming data needs to have a certain alignment(32KB, if i recall correctly), and thus those games were broken by those bad programs. Fstfix just takes those shrunken isos and aligns the files inside the iso properly, making the isos slightly bigger again, but after that their audio streaming isn't broken anymore. You may need to do that for Dolphin as well, if you use one of those bad programs, for whatever reason.
(01-21-2019, 10:29 AM)mimimi Wrote: [ -> ]I can't say anything about about dumping games on a pc, but i want to point out what fstfix does. It's a very old program, from when people used modchips on gamecubes and put several games on one disc. In order to get even more games on each disc, the games were shrunken to the actual data that is on the discs. Some of the programs used for this ignored that audio streaming data needs to have a certain alignment(32KB, if i recall correctly), and thus those games were broken by those bad programs. Fstfix just takes those shrunken isos and aligns the files inside the iso properly, making the isos slightly bigger again, but after that their audio streaming isn't broken anymore. You may need to do that for Dolphin as well, if you use one of those bad programs, for whatever reason.

The reason why I’d downloaded it was because I read if your ISO’s overdumped then you need to fix it to 1.4GB before it's playable, since I’ve been dumping Luigi’s Mansion once, and Mario Sunshine twice now and all three dumps are 7.92GB. Yikes. Every time I try to open them in Dolphin none of them work, same error message pops up that it’s an incorrect ISO file, that’s why I’ve been trying to fix them.

Anyways, I guess my ASUS DVD Drive isn’t compatible with friidump, or maybe I’m not dumping them properly, any assistance would help. All I’m typing in friidump is command:

Friidump -d f: -a

Then it takes about 2-7 hours to dump, any tips to fix this. Any commands I’m missing that could help?

Or do I need to buy a whole new DVD drive, I hope I can get a USB external one, I’m too tired to buy another internal one cause it’s too much work to open my pc modem.
Pages: 1 2