Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Custom Textures not loading for some games.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I tried to get the hi-res UI pack for Resident Evil 2 to load and found that Dolphin won't load the textures, it wouldn't load the custom textures I have Pikmin either. All files are placed it in "Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Load\Textures" and custom textures is set to load in Dolphin as well as the game.ini files. 

I get a pop up when dolphin loads the game saying "Custom Textures loaded, 0.0 MB in 0.0 s". All the UIs are still the same for Resident Evil 2. Other games I have custom textures for such as Super Mario Sunshine or Luigi's Mansion say something like "Custom Textures loaded, 334.0 MB in 1.1 s" and succeed in loading the custom textures. 

I tried a completely fresh install of dolphin on another machine and encountered the same error, as well as trying Ishiiruka, SMS loads, RE2 doesn't load custom textures.

Any recommendations for settings that might affect custom textures not loading for select games, I tried playing around with most of the settings in dolphin.
Maybe the texture pack is in the old format that isn't supported anymore. Could you show us an example file name from the texture pack?
"GCDE08_0af02b98_14.png"
I didn't know that there was a difference or even a new format. But now that you mention that I'm noticing the games that do load use a naming convention such as "tex1_16x20_1fcfa1ef97500767_0.dds"
Yeah, that's the old format.
(01-01-2019, 08:53 AM)Vergil2501 Wrote: [ -> ]"GCDE08_0af02b98_14.png"
I didn't know that there was a difference or even a new format. But now that you mention that I'm noticing the games that do load use a naming convention such as "tex1_16x20_1fcfa1ef97500767_0.dds"

Latest RE2 HD Texture Pack

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-re...08?page=13

Navigate to Last Page Thread 
This project is still in progress
[attachment=17683]
Yeah once I realized there was a new format after JosJuice brought it up I searched the thread and found that newer texture pack. Runs perfectly.

caj2990

(01-01-2019, 09:20 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, that's the old format.

I'm having the same issue as above. I downloaded the latest texture mod linked below and moved it to "dolphin emulator -> load -> textures ->GHAE08" and I still get the "custom textures loaded 0.0mb in 0.0s" I'm using dolphin 5.0 and i feel like I've tried just about everything to get this to take but it never works. Could it be the file path? I'm at a loss, please help. Thank you.
(01-05-2019, 11:02 AM)caj2990 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having the same issue as above. I downloaded the latest texture mod linked below and moved it to "dolphin emulator -> load -> textures ->GHAE08" and I still get the "custom textures loaded 0.0mb in 0.0s" I'm using dolphin 5.0 and i feel like I've tried just about everything to get this to take but it never works. Could it be the file path? I'm at a loss, please help. Thank you.

The newer formats only work on latest dev builds, not 5.0 stable.

caj2990

(01-05-2019, 12:11 PM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]The newer formats only work on latest dev builds, not 5.0 stable.

I just downloaded the latest version. Where do I put the texture pack? theres no load -> texture folders
caj2990

C:\Users\"username"\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Load\Textures
Pages: 1 2