Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Batman Begins flickering widescreen borders.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The widescreen option in Batman Begins causes flickering between 4:3 and 16:9.  I made sure widescreen hack is off and aspect ratio set to auto. Happens with all backends.

Does it work if you set Dolphin's aspect ratio setting to 16:9?
Yes, forcing it to 16:9 works but I like it on auto to have the correct aspect ratio on games that don't support widescreen, which is about 95% of gamecube's library.
Auto works on other games that support widescreen like star fox adventures or burnout 2, don't know why batman begins is having this issue.
It's Dolphin's heuristic that's acting up, then. You'll have to wait for a fix.

Or you can force the aspect ratio to 16:9 for this game only by using the game INI system.
Actually, I just retested burnout 2, and it has the flickering widescreen border too, but only in menu and replays. The frequency of a flicker is also longer, about once every 10 seconds in replays and 3 seconds in menu. I don't remember burnout 2 having this problem the last time I played.
Yeah, the heuristic got busted when XFB copies were fed through the texture cache. It's worse now than before.