Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can't click okay on passthrough error message
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Takki

Hey there,

pretty new to the forum and after half an hour's search I could not find anything relatable to my problem.

I almost always get the "an RPCEvent" blabla" error message with the option to ignore it but I cannot actually click on the icons. even tried different builds but sadly nothing changed. gone through almost every settings combination so far and I still have no clue what could have caused this.

thanks in advance for every input
What is the full error message?

Takki

(09-28-2018, 04:48 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]What is the full error message?

[color=#000000]A "IPCEvent" event was scheduled from the wrong thread (non-CPU)[/color]

Takki

my issue is not the error message itself though but more that I cannot click yes to ignore it. furthermore I cannot close the emulator and bringing up the task manager will not work either since it won't let me tab into it making me force reboot the whole system. I don't know whether or not that is an issue with the emu itself or if Windows is fucked up. just reporting what's happening and hoping it helps resolving the problem
You can always hit ctrl+shift+escape to bring up the task manager. You can also hit "disable panic handlers" in the main Dolphin config to silence all warning popups.

Takki

(09-28-2018, 02:19 PM)Kurausukun Wrote: [ -> ]You can always hit ctrl+shift+escape to bring up the task manager. You can also hit "disable panic handlers" in the main Dolphin config to silence all warning popups.

I know how to bring up the task manager. but dolphin is always in the foreground and i can not alt+tab to get task manager in the foreground because it won't let me.

the disable panic handlers option sounds pretty promising though. I'll give it a shot

edit: error message gone but now I got a blackscreen
(09-28-2018, 08:16 PM)Takki Wrote: [ -> ]I know how to bring up the task manager. but dolphin is always in the foreground and i can not alt+tab to get task manager in the foreground because it won't let me.

the disable panic handlers option sounds pretty promising though. I'll give it a shot

edit: error message gone but now I got a blackscreen

I have the exact same issue. Error pops up that it cannot find the Wii-mote (my Bluetooth chip doesn't work for passthrough so it's easy to test) but I am unable to click or do anything. Sometimes the keyboard does work and then if you click ignore the screen stays black and doesn't popup the error anymore (as that is what the ignore button does: it doesn't show it until dolphin is restarted).

After this error occurs it is completely impossible to do anything  with the computer anymore, you can alt-tab but Dolphin stays on top. Same with trying to bring up task manager, you can control-alt-delete and it will bring up the screen where you can click task manager but as soon as you click it, screen goes black and has the error and black screen on top again. I can alt-tab to bring up the task-switcher, but as soon as I change to something else (e.g. task manager) is goes back to Dolphin being on top. 

The only way for me to get out of Dolphin is to either log out Windows and log in again, a hard restart or use win-tab > create a second desktop and opening task manager on that so it doesn't get obscured and kill the process.
k)
It is with the computer in my description, latest version (although all other versions since I tried it with my new Bluetooth stick have the same issue) and every graphical back-end.
I get A "IPCEvent" event was scheduled from the wrong thread (non-CPU) pretty often too, and you can never click any of the error messages, the don't respond. It's a bit of a mess to open the task scheduler and kill dolphin.

Is it bluetooth passthrough that causes the error to begin with?
(09-30-2018, 03:22 AM)e2zippo Wrote: [ -> ]Is it bluetooth passthrough that causes the error to begin with?

Yes.
(09-30-2018, 04:16 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Yes.

Alright, anything I can do about it besides getting another BT adapter? The one I have works very good when I get into the game.
Pages: 1 2