Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin acts weirdly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a somewhat weird problem. The emulator crashes in some menus, tooltips and drop-down menus are completely black (fixed by opening any menu bar menu and moving the mouse around so it loads). It even crashes on exit. Interestingly, the actual emulator part works fine. I understand it's probably a missing dependency, but i don't know which one and there isn't a list anywhere i checked (all three faqs and the wiki).
Does it still happens when using D3D?
Yes, and graphics settings menu crashes with DX. (it doesn't with OGL. Failed to create IDXGIFactory object.)
Does reinstalling Dolphin solves this?
No, not even a completely clean reinstall changes anything.
Do you have the latest GPU updates installed? Do you have all the Windows updates installed? Have you tried restarting your computer?
Yes, no (would like exact required updates lol), yes.
For example, Windows 7 service pack 1 and all it's dependencies are required. Plus anything related to drivers or GPU is probably good to have as well.
Also make sure you have the latest drivers installed from the vendor directly (IE find them on nvidia.com and install them) - don't just rely on windows update, they can often be somewhat outdated or have other issues.
Yeah, I do have sp1 (it's one of the very few deps dolphin actually has listed), and my drivers are the latest nvidia.com gives me.
Pages: 1 2