Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How would I take the Wii Shop Channel console-unique info from a vWii?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I transferred all my Wii stuff onto my Wii U quite some time ago, before I got in to console hacking, so I don't have any sort of Wii nand dump. I'd like to be able to take my Wiiware games and get them on Dolphin while I still can without having to resort to piracy. However, a clean vWii nand doesn't work in Dolphin, so I just need to know what to transfer (or if I can).
Assuming your have a way to run homebrew stuff on your Wii U, start a fresh NAND on your Dolphin install by renaming the Wii folder (located inside Documents => Dolphin Emulator) to something else or by removing all contents inside it (keep in mind this will delete [color=red]all save data[/color] for your Wii games). Open Dolphin, go to Tools => Perform Online System Update => <region matching your vWii> and wait. Once it finishes, follow the guide from ShowMiiVWiiKeys to extract and use the otp.bin file from your Wii U to generate the keys.bin file, which you should place inside Documents => Dolphin Emulator => Wii.

If you've done everything right, open Dolphin, go to Tools => Load Wii System Menu, follow the initial setup guide and then you should be able to go into the Wii Shop Channel and re-download all your previous purchases free of charge. From there, on your vWii, you can go into the Data Management screen to copy your save games to an SD Card so you can then import those saves into your fresh NAND. However, some save files are copy protected, in this case you would need a homebrew like Savegame Manager GX to copy those from the vWii to the SD Card. To finish, if you have previous purchased DLC for any Wii Game, you might need to boot said game and go into its in-game Store to redownload it...
I made the new nand, now I just have 2 1 issues:
1) I don't know where savedata is stored, so I can't transfer it to the new nand
2) My computer's SD card reader suddenly died, so I can't get the otp.bin from the SD card, can I do something like DDD and network dump? (borrowed a friend's laptop with an SD card reader)
Just tried to access the Shop, but it gives me error 205906, which I can get past by pressing OK, but then it gives me error 204035 and the only button says Wii Menu.
Not to mention that I still don't know where to get the saves from the old NAND to stick them in the new one...
Does anyone know how I would fix those errors?
Make sure you've selected exactly the same country and language as your vWii when you ran the initial setup, otherwise you'll get errors on the Wii Shop Channel. About the saves, you shouldn't move any file manually, go to your vWii Data Management Screen, copy the save files to an SD Card, put this SD Card on your PC and in Dolphin go to Tools => Import Wii Save File. For copy protected saves you'll need to use a homebrew like Savegame Manager GX to export them to the SD Card.
(08-28-2018, 06:13 AM)mbc07 Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure you've selected exactly the same country and language as your vWii when you ran the initial setup, otherwise you'll get errors on the Wii Shop Channel. About the saves, you shouldn't move any file manually, go to your vWii Data Management Screen, copy the save files to an SD Card, put this SD Card on your PC and in Dolphin go to Tools => Import Wii Save File.
I chose the same country/language (US/English), and I'm talking about moving saves from the old Dolphin nand. It's been so long since I played the wiiware games (not enough vWii nand space for them all) that I might as well start fresh. My SD card reader's dead anyways, so I couldn't transfer the saves if I wanted to.
Use http://wiibrew.org/wiki/SaveGame_Manager_GX to copy saves to USB and then import them into Dolphin using the save import feature.
In that case, temporarily move the fresh NAND folder somewhere else and put your old NAND folder on its place, then open Dolphin and for each game on your game list, right click them and choose "Export Wii Save". This will create a folder named "Private" next to the Dolphin executable with a data.bin file containing your save data. After you've exported everything, close Dolphin, switch back to the fresh NAND and go importing the saves through Tools => Import Wii Save.
(08-28-2018, 11:23 AM)mbc07 Wrote: [ -> ]In that case, temporarily move the fresh NAND folder somewhere else and put your old NAND folder on its place, then open Dolphin and for each game on your game list, right click them and choose "Export Wii Save". This will create a folder named "Private" next to the Dolphin executable with a data.bin file containing your save data. After you've exported everything, close Dolphin, switch back to the fresh NAND and go importing the saves through Tools => Import Wii Save.

Well, you could have told me about Tools > Export All Wii Saves.
However, attempting to import any of the data.bin files causes Dolphin to say "Failed to import save files." I only tried to import one at a time, so not sure why it's saying files.
Pages: 1 2