Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How would I take the Wii Shop Channel console-unique info from a vWii?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there any way I can just do something like copying the old nand's saves folder over to the new nand? And how would I fix those shop channel errors?
If you want to mess with the files manually, fine, but be very careful on what you move, otherwise your NAND will get in an inconsistent state and weird bugs will start happening when running Wii games/apps.

Switch to your old NAND folder, open Dolphin. For each game on your list, right click them and choose "Open Wii Save Folder". The data folder will open in your File Explorer and it'll be something like Wii\title\00010000\<game ID in hex>\data. You should copy the parent folder to exactly the same location in your fresh NAND (carefully create the folder if it doesn't exist). That's it, repeat this process for each game. Once you finish, close Dolphin, switch to your fresh NAND folder, then open Dolphin and go to Tools => Check NAND, it should finish without errors, otherwise you messed something and your NAND is now inconsistent.

About the Wii Shop Channel, I just tested here and the first error (the one you can skip) is normal, after that the store opens and works normally here. If you're really sure you've selected exactly the same country and language of your vWii and still are getting errors (despite the first, skippable one), then I don't know what to do...
I'm 99% sure the vWii is set to English, USA, since that's where I live & where the console is from... Settings says 99.99.99U, so it's definitely an american system, and I don't see why the account wouldn't be set to anywhere else, and I just checked the Dolphin one and it's also set to that, but 4.3U... oh well. Thanks for trying to help though!
You do realize you will get banned?
SCOTT0852, if you hadn't read the forum rules yet, please do. We have zero tolerance for piracy and people who do piracy get banned. Technically you haven't violated the rules since I haven't caught you mentioning you've downloaded games or asking for links, but I just issued a warning in your account for that. If you warning level get to 100%, you get automatically banned, permanently.

About your problem with the Wii Shop Channel, one last thing. Do you remember what country have you selected in your old Wii console (before transferring its contents to your Wii U)? I still think there's a region mismatch occurring on your case, we have reports of other forum users being able to access Wii Shop Channel just fine after skipping the initial 205906 error (yesterday I also personally updated Dolphin to the latest development build and opened Wii Shop Channel to confirm it still works and it indeed it's working fine). Even the ShowMiiVWiiKeys app originated from a forum user which wanted to do exactly what you're trying to accomplish (get his vWii stuff into Dolphin), and the Shop worked fine for him too...
(09-01-2018, 12:21 PM)mbc07 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you remember what country have you selected in your old Wii console (before transferring its contents to your Wii U)? I still think there's a region mismatch occurring on your case, we have reports of other forum users being able to access Wii Shop Channel just fine after skipping the initial 205906 error (yesterday I also personally updated Dolphin to the latest development build and opened Wii Shop Channel to confirm it still works and it indeed it's working fine). Even the ShowMiiVWiiKeys app originated from a forum user which wanted to do exactly what you're trying to accomplish (get his vWii stuff into Dolphin), and the Shop worked fine for him too...

I'm pretty sure the original Wii was also USA, since that's where I've lived my whole life, and it was definitely set to english. I guess I'll have to shell out for a new sd card reader, I think I still have yet another bluedump mod on my sd, although lately even on the actual vWii the shop channel has been giving me connection errors...
YABDM will require some configuration and file management, so follow my instructions first:

When you're dumping titles bought before your transfer (on the source Wii), you need to have the keys.bin file on the SD root. You can do this by loading the original Wii, then running BootMii, and making a NAND dump. This file will be in the same directory as the nand.bin file.

Everything else should run as normal.

For the Wii Shop Channel error code, I suggest you use this lookup tool from Nintendo. Also keep in mind that the Shop Channel is slated to close on January 30 next year, so it may just be a result of server blackouts and the like.
(09-05-2018, 02:59 PM)Zonafer Wrote: [ -> ]For the Wii Shop Channel error code, I suggest you use this lookup tool from Nintendo. Also keep in mind that the Shop Channel is slated to close on January 30 next year, so it may just be a result of server blackouts and the like.

No results for that code, and still the exact same error (I doubt they'd have blackouts every single time I've tried it).
Update: turns out I forgot to click Check Nand. Once I'd clicked that I could access the shop just fine. However, I need to dump my installed wads now so I can patch them with the Wiimmfi patcher. Yet Another Bluedump Mod crashes whenever I try to run it, so is there any way I can just generate wads from the nand dump?
Pages: 1 2