Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What games still require DSP LLE?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just curious. What games still break with DSP HLE? Is there a list?
All homebrew games that use sound require LLE. I'm not aware of any others.
(07-27-2018, 10:34 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]All homebrew games that use sound require it. I'm not aware of any others.

So... HLE has basically 100% compatibility with commercial games then? 
(07-27-2018, 11:01 PM)Xharos Wrote: [ -> ]So... HLE has basically 100% compatibility with commercial games then? 

I wouldn't say that, but I suppose you could say that the "popular" commercial games work "perfectly" with HLE these days. We still would have to define that "popular" includes. The lesser known titles are just not that documented and thoroughly tested on their compatibility. You could say titles such as Metroid, Xenoblade, Zelda and Mario fall under the term "popular" among others.

Perhaps HLE might have a 100% compatibility with all commercial games. Or perhaps it might not. We wouldn't know for sure since there are too many games to test for. Even so if all titles were tested once, you would need to test all these titles again every so often, since stuff tends to break sometimes when Dolphin undergoes changes and improvements. That's just the nature of coding.

Does Four Sword Aventures still require LLE for proper support for connecting multiple GBA's? It has been a while since I lasted played it to be honest, especially in the multiplayer mode. I should boot up sometime. The wiki page for Four Swords Adventures claims that has been fixed for a while.
HLE works for Four Swords nowadays.

NEO GEO VC games need LLE audio due to some timing shenanigans.

Bomberman Jetters has a timing issue in Single Core that requires LLE audio to give closer to proper timings in current Dolphin, though that's something that could be fixed by Dolphin being less bad.
Pikmin 1 and 2 still need LLE for certain sound effects.
Doesn't Mario Kart Double Dash not have echo with HLE or something?
That's true as well, but that's just out of not investigating it fully. Zelda-HLE doesn't have all of the stuff reversed yet and has a solid base. It's just does anyone feel like finishing it.
I read through those aand most of those don't seem to be valid/related to audio whatsoever...

Like, that Resident Evil Code Veronica page is just garbage
Pages: 1 2