Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Framerate Issues with Xenoblade on good PC with Ubershaders on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

fusion67

I've been playing Xenoblade Chronicles with ubershaders on Asynchronous and I've seen that my PC should be able to run with Ubershaders on Synchronous, but whenever I try, the game dips below 100% and I get audio issues. I don't think there's a bottleneck, where could the issue be? Asynchronous works well but I get an audio stutter or freeze every once in a while mostly in cutscenes.

Specs:
CPU: i5-6600k
GPU: GTX 1060
RAM: 8GB DDR4-2400
You should enable logging and see if the JIT cache is being cleared during those lags. If it is, you'll just have to deal with it, it's a cost of emulation.

But, this doesn't sound purely like that, since you said synchronous ubershaders is worse. They are stupidly demanding at higher resolutions, so if you're at a higher resolution, synchronous can cause issues. Texture analysis for mipmap detection can slow things down as well, so you may wanna turn off arbitrary mipmap detection just to see if it's the problem. During cutscene transitions it could be loading a huge amount of textures.

If none of this is true, we can investigate this more Smile

fusion67

(07-20-2018, 10:26 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]You should enable logging and see if the JIT cache is being cleared during those lags.  If it is, you'll just have to deal with it, it's a cost of emulation.

But, this doesn't sound purely like that, since you said synchronous ubershaders is worse.  They are stupidly demanding at higher resolutions, so if you're at a higher resolution, synchronous can cause issues.  Texture analysis for mipmap detection can slow things down as well, so you may wanna turn off arbitrary mipmap detection just to see if it's the problem.  During cutscene transitions it could be loading a huge amount of textures.

If none of this is true, we can investigate this more Smile

I enabled logs and toggled all logs but I can't see anything related to rendering or the JIT cache, where is the setting to see these logs?
Well if you enable all logs and put it to info, you should see a lot of things. If the JIT cache isn't clearing then that's not the issue.