Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is my laptop good enough to run Radiant Dawn?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

wanaktos

Hello. I just finished Path of Radiance on Dolphin, and although there were many problems initially, it worked perfectly after tweaking a few settings on Dolphin, and on my laptop (high performance, etc.) I'm now trying to play Radiant Dawn, though, and having many more problems. Unless I play it on the lowest settings (namely, setting the internal resolution to native, which makes it look awful)), I suffer from FPS drops and lag. I wouldn't say the game's unplayable, but it's certainly not pleasant to play. Here are my specs:

Processor: Intel Core i3-7100U CPU @ 2.40GHz
Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics 620
Memory: 8 GB RAM

Basically, I want to know if there's anything I can do to make the game playable, or if my laptop is simply too weak and I just have to deal with it. I'm also not a tech person at all, so I'd appreciate any explanations not being too complicated. Thanks!
You're probably too weak to run it. I've got a laptop with the same specs. The CPU is underwhelming as far as Dolphin goes for most games. It's ultra-low voltage with a low TDP, so even at 2.4GHz with no thermal throttling, it's still kinda slow.

wanaktos

I see. That's unfortunate, but I guess I'll manage.

Follow-up question: I downloaded a texture pack to fix the pixelated textures (specifically, this one: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-fi...es-updated), but when I apply it, it results in shader-compilation stuttering (which I think is the correct term). For some reason, only when I apply the custom textures does this problem appear. Any way to fix it? Or maybe a link to any different pack that exists that I can try out?
That could be because of disk drive limitations. You may want to prefetch the texture pack so it gets loaded on RAM.

Note that you´ll have issues if the pack is too large though.

wanaktos

(07-19-2018, 01:05 PM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]That could be because of disk drive limitations. You may want to prefetch the texture pack so it gets loaded on RAM.

Sorry for the stupid question, but how would I go about doing that? Google isn't of much help.
(07-20-2018, 02:15 PM)wanaktos Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for the stupid question, but how would I go about doing that? Google isn't of much help.

Turn on Graphics > Advanced > Prefetch Custom Textures.

wanaktos

That worked perfectly, problem's all fixed. Thanks to both of you! Mod can close the thread now, if they want.