Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Super Mario Sunshine] Graffiti Doesn't do Damage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With the help of wiki managed to get the graffiti to look as it should, but it doesnt say anything about it not affecting the player, and I have that problem right now.
I can walk on the goo without taking damage, I can wash it off though, and the NPCs do not sink into it when in contact.
How do I fix that?
If you're using an older version of Dolphin like 5.0: Either manually disable Store EFB Copies to Texture Only, or make sure that you do not open the graphics settings window while the game is running. I would suggest updating Dolphin, though.

If you're using a recent development version of Dolphin: Make sure that you don't manually change the Store EFB Copies to Texture Only setting while the game is running. (Dolphin automatically turns it off while the game starts, since that's what's required for correct goo collision.)

Either way, in short, this issue happens if Store EFB Copies to Texture Only is turned on. (Dolphin will disable it automatically for this game, but in older versions such as 5.0, just opening the graphics setting window will undo the automatic disabling.)
You're using Dolphin 3.0, which is what, 6 years old now? And in your profile, you put "amount" for your RAM and "AMD" for the CPU and GPU. You deserve to get whacked.
(07-12-2018, 04:56 AM)Shadorino Wrote: [ -> ]You're using Dolphin 3.0, which is what, 6 years old now? And in your profile, you put "amount" for your RAM and "AMD" for the CPU and GPU. You deserve to get whacked.

and the information you read is like 6 years old.
(07-15-2018, 11:53 PM)GaroK Wrote: [ -> ]and the information you read is like 6 years old.

"Joined: Jul 2016"

This thread is getting weird.

In all seriousness, try to be nice guys. The issue is just Store EFB Copies to RAM not being on. We don't need to fight over it.
(07-16-2018, 12:20 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]"Joined: Jul 2016"

This thread is getting weird.

In all seriousness, try to be nice guys.  The issue is just Store EFB Copies to RAM not being on.  We don't need to fight over it.

How did you even see the "fight" in mine or his post?
If you're not fighting it's fine, but I've seen users fly off the handle for way less.
Honestly, builds older than 5.0 should almost be removed from the public view in order to avoid issues that could have easily been fixed or dealt with. And if your hardware isn't up to run 5.0 then you should really consider a hardware upgrade. 32-Bit systems with DX9 only are massively outdated by today and won't do you much good either on builds such as 3.0. It almost causes me a headache to think back on the time when I used 3.0 myself, long long looooong ago. Super Mario Sunshine and The Wind Waker were so broken back then.

I mean, these older builds should be preserved for legacy, documentation, research, experimentation and some fun to mesh around with. Not to actual use it as your primary method of emulation. That just causes you nothing but headaches these days.

I really hoped you updated the specs and build listed in your profile at some point. If so, why didn't you update your profile? And if you joined in 2016... 5.0 should have been already around, or close to it. So why did go for an older build? But if you said you updated your specs, you should be able to handle 5.0 and newer? And how your profile be six years old if you only joined the forum two years ago? I can't quite wrap my head around it.
(07-16-2018, 04:08 PM)Admentus Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, builds older than 5.0 should almost be removed from the public view in order to avoid issues that could have easily been fixed or dealt with. And if your hardware isn't up to run 5.0 then you should really consider a hardware upgrade. 32-Bit systems with DX9 only are massively outdated by today and won't do you much good either on builds such as 3.0. It almost causes me a headache to think back on the time when I used 3.0 myself, long long looooong ago. Super Mario Sunshine and The Wind Waker were so broken back then.

I mean, these older builds should be preserved for legacy, documentation, research, experimentation and some fun to mesh around with. Not to actual use it as your primary method of emulation. That just causes you nothing but headaches these days.

I really hoped you updated the specs and build listed in your profile at some point. If so, why didn't you update your profile? And if you joined in 2016... 5.0 should have been already around, or close to it. So why did go for an older build? But if you said you updated your specs, you should be able to handle 5.0 and newer? And how your profile be six years old if you only joined the forum two years ago? I can't quite wrap my head around it.
as I said that's some old information. Propably rushed when making account and didn't care for the info.
(07-16-2018, 09:46 PM)GaroK Wrote: [ -> ]as I said that's some old information. Propably rushed when making account and didn't care for the info.

You should really update your profile. You should not expect people to help you if you provide them with outdated information. Make sure your information is valid before submitting to a question, which should make sense. It only takes about two minutes to update your profile and you only do that if you update your hardware, which could be once every few years?

Through, you did not answer my question on why you filled in an outdated information for your new profile. I am just wondering here. Did you pick 3.0 while 5.0 was already available? Surely you must have known which version of Dolphin you downloaded when you first created your profile? I would be silly to grab the first thing you saw on the internet.

I really mean no offense here. I think most of us here are willing to help you, but you gotta help us by providing us with up-to-date information. It also avoids situations where you are not taken seriously.
Pages: 1 2