Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour Optimization
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello There!

I am a modest developer for optimizing netplay for a particular game for the GameCube called Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour. I mostly tinker with the settings Dolphin and Ishiiruka and occasionally go into the files themselves to see what I can do to improve netplay performance. With this game in particular, I have been working towards making this game as accessible as possible for people who want to play with others online.

To elaborate, I already have a few settings in place for when playing this game online, however, I want to see if there is anything else I can do to improve latency and reduce lag between two players. I use Dolphin Version 5.0-321 and Ishiiruka FM v5.8.7 BETA, but I mainly want to focus on using Ishiiruka as I've heard it improves performance significantly.

Here are my settings:
CONFIG
• Enable cheats (For AR Codes)
• Dual Core is UNCHECKED (Necessary in order for netplay to work)
GRAPHICS
• In the Enhancements tab, check Scaled EFB Copy and Force 24-Bit Color
• Gamecube Tab - Slot A is set to none
• Hacks tab, Checked the following:
 -Skip EFB Access from CPU
 -Ignore Format Changes
 -Store EFB copies to Texture Only
 -External Frame Buffer - Check “Disable”
 -Fast Depth Calculation
 -Disable Bounding Box (Dolphin 5.0-321 only)
 -GPU Texture Decoding (Ishiiruka only)
 -Full Async Shader Compilation (Ishiiruka only)

To anyone who knows about improving netplay performance for this game in particular, I'd like to know if there's anything I can do. I'll gladly provide any additional information about my setup if needed.

Thanks!
If you're primarily looking for support for Ishiiruka, I suggest you take your questions there.

Besides, I'm not too fond of this guide - a lot of what you're saying is wrong/relies on old builds and doesn't have a great understanding of what the settings do.