Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: DirectX 12 ou Vulkan: rodando o jogo The Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Ronaldo3112

Olá comunidade Dolphin.

Estou com um dúvida a respeito da emulação de The Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess. Resolvi jogá-lo no Dolphin 5.0 x64 a partir de um backup que tenho a tempos aqui no PC. Estava jogando utilizando DirectX 11 desde o inicio do jogo, a 30 FPS, até que na parte saindo da caverna, após o Link adquirir o lampião, o FPS começa a cair para 23 ou 24, utilizando a resolução nativa. Após pesquisar, obtive informações de que o Vulkan me ajudaria nesta situação, e depois de baixar uma versão mais recente do Dolphin, para minha decepção, teve aumento apenas de 1 ou 2 FPS utilizando tal API.

Voltei para a versão 5.0 na esperança de que se utilizasse a API directX 12 poderia ter algum resultado milagroso, e para minha surpresa me deparei com o jogo rodando a 30 FPS e sem travamentos. Aumentei a resolução para 2x a nativa, e ainda assim continuava travado nos 30 FPS (100%). Adicionei um Anti-Aliasing 2x MSAA, e ainda continuou a 30 FPS.

Neste momento tenho dúvida se essa melhora pode gerar algum efeito negativo em termos de jogabilidade e se o Vulkan é realmente melhor que DX12 na emulação utilizando o Dolphin, já que os desenvolvedores encerraram o suporte a DX12 nas mais novas versões do emulador. Gostaria de ler mais experiências à respeito da emulação deste jogo em PCs básicos, como o meu, por usuários deste fórum.

Agradeço desde já a todos. Cool

Windows 10, Intel® Core™2 Quad Q9400, GT 710 1 GB, 4GB DDR3.

-

Google Translate:

Hello Dolphin community.

I have a question about the emulation of The Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess. I decided to play it on Dolphin 5.0 x64 from a backup I have to times here on the PC. I was playing using DirectX 11 from the beginning of the game, at 30 FPS, until in the part coming out of the cave, after Link got the lamp, the FPS starts dropping to 23 or 24 using the native resolution. After researching, I learned that Vulkan would help me in this situation, and after downloading a newer version of Dolphin, to my disappointment, it only increased by 1 or 2 FPS using that API.

I returned to version 5.0 in the hope that if I used the API directX 12 could have some miraculous result, and to my surprise I came across the game running at 30 FPS and without crashes. I increased the resolution to 2x the native, and still remained locked in the 30 FPS (100%). I added an Anti-Aliasing 2x MSAA, and still continued at 30 FPS.

At this point I have no doubt that this improvement can have some negative effect in terms of gameplay and if Vulkan is actually better than DX12 in emulation using Dolphin, as developers have ended DX12 support in the newer versions of the emulator. I would like to read more experiences regarding the emulation of this game on basic PCs, like mine, by users of this forum.

Thank you in advance. Cool

Windows 10, Intel® Core™2 Quad Q9400, GT 710 1 GB, 4GB DDR3.
Have you tried enabling the Hyrule Field Speed Hack in the Patches tab of the game properties?
Additionally, please do your best to use English on the forums.

https://translate.google.com/ will give you a good enough translation if you can't.

Ronaldo3112

(03-08-2018, 07:14 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried enabling the Hyrule Field Speed Hack in the Patches tab of the game properties?

I have not yet used this feature. I'll use your tip, thank you.

(Using translator, I apologize if my sentence is not clear).

Ronaldo3112

(03-08-2018, 08:06 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Additionally, please do your best to use English on the forums.

https://translate.google.com/ will give you a good enough translation if you can't.

Thanks for the tip. This is the first forum I participate in, I still do not know much about these spaces. I'll remember that. Thanks again.

(Using translator, I apologize if my sentence is not clear).
mas maganda laruin yan sa cemu HD pa
*sigh*

chumpz, remember that this is an english forum and you should not post messages exclusively in another language. Also that advice is useless, if they wanted to play the Wii U version, they wouldn't be here.
(03-08-2018, 12:20 PM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]*sigh*

chumpz, remember that this is an english forum and you should not post messages exclusively in another language. Also that advice is useless, if they wanted to play the Wii U version, they wouldn't be here.

That's also not Portuguese (the OP's language), I can't understand a word of it.
To answer your question -

The reason we dropped DirectX 12 support in new versions of Dolphin is because when we added DirectX 12, we thought that we could keep it working and fix bugs that appeared. We could not do this. The back end was written in a way that made it very hard to fix and nobody wanted to put in the effort to fix it. The developer that wrote the back end also left. The back end was also stopping us from improving certain parts of Dolphin because nobody wanted to also implement some fixes in DirectX 12 as well as the other back ends we supported. So we dropped it.

Recently, a developer has been putting in effort to rewrite the part of Dolphin that handles graphics to make graphics back ends easier to manage and fix. So we could support experimental back ends like that again. But this will not happen for a long time, so do not get your hopes up.

Vulkan is a back end that is like DirectX 12, except that it works on any operating system Dolphin supports, and was written in a way that makes it easier to fix bugs. The only down side to Vulkan is that some GPUs have drivers that do not work well with Vulkan. DirectX 12 had better drivers.

I tried to write this reply in a way to make it easy to translate.

Ronaldo3112

(03-08-2018, 01:21 PM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]To answer your question -

The reason we dropped DirectX 12 support in new versions of Dolphin is because when we added DirectX 12, we thought that we could keep it working and fix bugs that appeared. We could not do this. The back end was written in a way that made it very hard to fix and nobody wanted to put in the effort to fix it. The developer that wrote the back end also left. The back end was also stopping us from improving certain parts of Dolphin because nobody wanted to also implement some fixes in DirectX 12 as well as the other back ends we supported. So we dropped it.

Recently, a developer has been putting in effort to rewrite the part of Dolphin that handles graphics to make graphics back ends easier to manage and fix. So we could support experimental back ends like that again. But this will not happen for a long time, so do not get your hopes up.

Vulkan is a back end that is like DirectX 12, except that it works on any operating system Dolphin supports, and was written in a way that makes it easier to fix bugs. The only down side to Vulkan is that some GPUs have drivers that do not work well with Vulkan. DirectX 12 had better drivers.

I tried to write this reply in a way to make it easy to translate.

Best answer. You took all my doubts. Thank you very much.

G
M
T

Detectar idioma
Africâner
Albanês
Alemão
Arabe
Armênio
Azerbaijano
Basco
Bengali