Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: dolphinqt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
can someone please tell me what is dolphinqt and how can i use it?
It is a different, and for Dolphin still experimental, GUI (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphical_user_interface) it does nothing to increase speed on your potato computer.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also Chumpz... Please learn how to use the forum's search function on the top of the page before creating a topic.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I did a write up on how to have the best speed on a low-end computer with an nVidia Card, FOLLOW IT STEP BY STEP... if this doesn't run your game fast enough nothing but a new computer will.

*MOST IMPORTANTLY* If you have speed issues ALWAYS make sure that ALL applications are closed: NO internet browsers, no music in the background, no Steam, nothing.

Try the following procedure:
1. If you haven't done so already download and extract the latest development version in a NEW folder *do not overwrite an existing installation*, you can find it if you scroll down a bit on the download page
2. Download and install the latest nVidia Driver for your GPU (found here https://uk.download.nvidia.com/Windows/3...l-whql.exe)
3. Always have your laptop plugged in to a power-outlet while playing
4. Turn off Battery boost and Shadowplay in the GeForce Experience
5. Make sure that the nVidia Control Panel is set up to always use the GeForce Card
6. Set the nVidia Control Panel to "Prefer Highest Performance" in the Advanced 3D settings
7. Set up the Windows Power Options to "High Performance"
8. Make sure Dolphin is running at its Default settings (by deleting or renaming the Dolphin Emulator folder in "My Documents" or by creating a portable.txt in the same folder as Dolphin.exe)
9. In Dolphin set IR to 1x (Internal Resolution)
10. Set Ubershaders to Disabled (or off) *KEEP IN MIND THAT THIS WILL INTRODUCE SHADER STUTTERING, BUT THIS WILL GO AWAY WHILE PLAYING AS THE GAME BUILDS UP THE SHADER CACHE*
11. Set Graphics Back-end to Vulkan
12. Set Anti-Aliasing to 1x (or off)
13. Set Sound back-end to CubeB and HLE
14. Turn off Cheats
15. Do not use any Texture Packs
16. Run your game, is it still slow? Then your CPU is too slow to handle this specific game. You can try turning on "Game Mode" by pressing WIN+G but usually it doesn't really do anything, and you can try setting the emulated clockspeed to 90% or 75% (or even less) but keep in mind that there is a HUGE possibility that things will break spectacularly.

The game should always be running at 25/50FPS (PAL) or 30/60FPS (NTSC) or at 100% speed otherwise you will encounter slowdowns.
If it runs at 100% you can try increasing the IR to 2x and slowly increase the IR a single step at a time, but not higher than your native resolution, which is probably 1080p or 3x IR, if it goes below 100% speed at a higher IR at any time, go back one value.
If you've found the IR that your GPU can handle, you can slowly increase the Anti-aliasing step by step, if it goes below 100% speed at any time, go back one value.
Finally you can start increasing the Anisotropic Filtering, if it goes below 100% speed at any time, go back one value
If you've done this, you have found the ultimate quality/speed settings for your computer to run this specific game.

As a last step you could try loading Texture Packs, but if it is too slow, there is really nothing you can do about that.
thanks mr human for tips on speeding up
mstreurman Wrote:Also Chumpieboy... Please learn how to use the forum's search function on the top of the page before creating a topic.

I know chumpz is making a lot of threads that are kind of unnecessary, but "Chumpieboy" seems a bit tooooo snide, to the point of being mean. :/
(02-26-2018, 12:10 AM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]I know chumpz is making a lot of threads that are kind of unnecessary, but "Chumpieboy" seems a bit tooooo snide, to the point of being mean. :/

Edited
LOL .. none taken