Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: cemu vs dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
why is it that if cemu gets an update it is such a big news but when dolphin release several few improvements then its not making any news
Because it is a newer console I would imagine.
For what its worth, we've made quite a bit of news! Our 5.0 release, WiFi connection work, and booting the final gamecube game all were picked up on major news and gaming sites.
because in the dolphin it is painless to put 1080p whereas in the same conditions rpcs3 is cemu redrean with 4k resolutions with almost no loss of performance?
Because kids don't want to pay money to play Breath of the Wild.
(02-07-2018, 11:53 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Because kids don't want to pay money to play Breath of the Wild.

Kids are sick and tired of Nintendo's corrupt "pay to play" schemes​ and are finally sticking it to these greedy corporate fat cats /s

On a serious note, I'd say a lot of attention fell on Cemu because it was new and made so much public progress. It's the "new kid on the block", and it was running games for the Wii U while the Wii U was still relevant. A lot of people flip out when they see an emulator running current-gen stuff (even though in Nintendo's case, this has practically been true since the late 90s).
in my honest opinion cemu is famous because you can play BOTW on PC.. thats why nintendo also release the game on wii u so that the people who cant buy a nintendo switch or games for the console can just download BOTW and play it for free, just like the purpose of all emulators to play games for free...
Hell no. Nintendo don't want people to play games illegally. The reason why BOTW was released on the WiiU is because they didn't want to betray WiiU owners, exactly like Twilight Princess on GameCube.
I am pretty sure Nintendo wants you to buy a Switch, if only for Breath of the Wild or Super Mario Odyssey. But as said, a Wii U version of Breath of the Wild was released since Wii U users were promised a new Zelda experience from the start (the HD Zelda ports is not what you should count as a new experience).

Besides, there are other great titles than Breath of the Wild for the Wii U, such as Super Mario Maker or Super Mario 3D World. Through nowadays quite a few Wii U games gets ported to the Switch (Bayonetta series, Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors). If this trend is to continue titles such as Super Mario Maker and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS might receive a Deluxe upgrade for the Switch as well.

(02-07-2018, 10:18 PM)chumpz Wrote: [ -> ]just like the purpose of all emulators to play games for free...

I don't really get what you mean with that, but emulators are definitely not meant for playing illegally obtained games. That it does happen regardless of an emulator's intention is another story. In my opinion an emulators allows for to overcome the hardware limitations that the console itself struggles with. Come on, who doesn't want 4K gaming, borderless gaming, an all-in-one desktop environment and texture packs? Ohh and custom controller support. And a lot more. Another major reason is preservation. Consoles die out eventually and won't be in production at some point. An emulator ensures the games you once bought still are capable of being experienced long after the actual device is gone.
good point admentus, I also think that emulators also helps on promoting games even if the game they played is pirated.. because some people dont want to spend $60+ dollars on a single game cartridge and $300+ on a console, they just rather spend it on somewhere else or they will just wait for a crack to come or an emulator to play those games.. In my country if you have a home or handheld console then your rich.. so emulator is a great invention because they give a chance to play their downloaded games for free
Pages: 1 2 3