Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii OS title.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What is the version code for the wii system menu that works with dolphin. (Is is 2.0U that runs on it)

I have a 3.2U wii, so my FS dump isn't compatible. There is a utility on Wiibrew to download the titles. (The IOSs, the MIOS, and the actual OS). It is found here, along with a helpful list of title codes and versions to use:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/NUS_Downloader#v..._5.2C_2009

The system menus that it provides codes for are shown below, but even the PAL version won't run. What is the version code for 2.0U?
What is it? ID JAP USA PAL
System Menu 3.2 0000000100000002 v288 v289 v290
System Menu 4.0 0000000100000002 v416 v417 v418

cmccmc

major pirating?
Not quite, since the files are gotten from Nintendo's own servers. In the description, it says that the program is to "Avoid unnecessary pirating of System WADs (IOS modules, System Menus, etc.)". But pretty tricky if you ask me.
(04-10-2009, 06:58 AM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]Not quite, since the files are gotten from Nintendo's own servers. In the description, it says that the program is to "Avoid unnecessary pirating of System WADs (IOS modules, System Menus, etc.)". But pretty tricky if you ask me.
It's no worse than this whole emulation project. (Nothing against it)

cmccmc

(04-10-2009, 08:56 AM)RevolutionMaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2009, 06:58 AM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]Not quite, since the files are gotten from Nintendo's own servers. In the description, it says that the program is to "Avoid unnecessary pirating of System WADs (IOS modules, System Menus, etc.)". But pretty tricky if you ask me.
Ok, first off this project is 100% legal and there is nothing bad about it. Secondly, your stealing the files from Nintendo's servers. How is that not pirating. Sounds kinda fishey to me.
(04-10-2009, 09:52 AM)cmccmc Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2009, 08:56 AM)RevolutionMaster Wrote: [ -> ]
Ok, first off this project is 100% legal and there is nothing bad about it. Secondly, your stealing the files from Nintendo's servers. How is that not pirating. Sounds kinda fishey to me.
This isn't illegal, it is one of those almost illegal type things. So is this.

cmccmc

No this isnt. We are only letting you play your own LEGAL owned games that you ripped off you OWN Console. We do not support Piracy to any extent.
This isn't illegal, it is one of those almost illegal type things. So is this.

"Almost illegal" is a relative term, it's still 100% legal. Stuff that falls under this category would be things that make it possible/easier to commit illegal actions.

On the opposite is the term "almost legal", (or just past the line of of the law as some will say). While it may be considered "Not morally wrong/harmless" it's still 100% illegal, that's how black n' white the law is. Under this category: Downloading games that you own, but from illegal distributors. These two concepts are creating debate all the time, please leave them by.
Well actually emulation in it's self is a grey area. Since 99% of people pirate their games and the emulators themselves, it is generally seen as piracy. Now there are the few who actually do own their own consoles and the games and are therefore clean, but mostly people are pirates. So yeah

-rant over-

cmccmc

im just complaining that emulating your legally ripped games and then emulating them is not even close to being illegal. If emulation was close to being illegal then Bill Gates would probably be in jail because the first things he coded were emulators.
Pages: 1 2