Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: My specs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64

Processor/CPU: Intel Core i5-3337U @ 1.80GHz

Video Card/GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000

Memory/RAM: 4,00 GB

Dolphin Revision Currently Using: Dolphin 4.0.2

I won't be testing Wii games since i don't know if they work as good as the GameCube emulator.
4.x is _really_ ancient, and probably has all kinds of bugs and stuff that have been fixed since, making the value of testing on that questionable.

Probably the latest 5.0-dev version would be a better starting point... It should also be faster, which should be helpful to make up for the anaemic hardware.
We don't support or care about anything older than 5.0
But still with 5.0 do you think it will run on these specs?
It'll run way better if you keep the internal resolution to 1 or 2x, which you probably already are
(01-23-2018, 03:38 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]It'll run way better if you keep the internal resolution to 1 or 2x, which you probably already are

Only at 1x IR. This GPU will start to throttle at 2xIR quite soon.

@MelissaLovesEmulators: Keep in mind that dolphin got a lot faster on the CPU, but also a lot slower on the GPU. So as long as you keep the low resolution, it should run better.
(01-23-2018, 11:30 PM)degasus Wrote: [ -> ]Only at 1x IR. This GPU will start to throttle at 2xIR quite soon.

@MelissaLovesEmulators: Keep in mind that dolphin got a lot faster on the CPU, but also a lot slower on the GPU. So as long as you keep the low resolution, it should run better.

I'm confused. What you said didn't really help me Huh
Please. Help a girl out!
I want to install 5.0 but i want to see how i can get it working perfectly.
When i was testing Four Swords Adventures, After the initial cutscene and stuff. It slapped me with a "Not responding" message and i had to close.
How i can be helped?
(01-23-2018, 11:30 PM)degasus Wrote: [ -> ]Only at 1x IR. This GPU will start to throttle at 2xIR quite soon.

Oh. Now i get it. So i need to run it at 1x resolution to make it run quite smoothly?
(01-28-2018, 03:14 AM)MelissaLovesEmulators Wrote: [ -> ]Oh. Now i get it. So i need to run it at 1x resolution to make it run quite smoothly?

That is indeed where you start. And then you work up to 2x and so on, until it stops working smoothly. If it is still too slow at 1x then your computer is to slow to run the game.
Pages: 1 2