Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: My specs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm planning on downgrading the laptop to Windows 8.1 in April. Do you think it will still work?
Dolphin is supported back to Windows 7. It will still work.
(03-20-2018, 09:13 AM)MelissaLovesEmulators Wrote: [ -> ]I'm planning on downgrading the laptop to Windows 8.1 in April. Do you think it will still work?

However, It will do nothing to increase the speed of Dolphin. If anything the computer will be slower as, in my experience as an IT-support, Windows 10 is very efficient on the resources of the computer. I was even able to get it working properly with my old Windows 8.1 tablet with an Atom Z3735G processor and 1GB of ram and it ran a lot faster, same thing with my Old netbook with 2GB and an Atom N270. So unless you will do it for other reason than perfomance, dont do it Smile
(03-20-2018, 05:12 PM)mstreurman Wrote: [ -> ]However, It will do nothing to increase the speed of Dolphin. If anything the computer will be slower as, in my experience as an IT-support, Windows 10 is very efficient on the resources of the computer. I was even able to get it working properly with my old Windows 8.1 tablet with an Atom Z3735G processor and 1GB of ram and it ran a lot faster, same thing with my Old netbook with 2GB and an Atom N270. So unless you will do it for other reason than perfomance, dont do it Smile

Ok.
Maybe I'll test it out when that happens.
Besides. I got a GBA emulator and a SNES emulator in the laptop and they worked really well on Win10. Maybe it will be the same to both on 8.1 since i guess the hardware was efficient.

And I think it won't be a problem since the laptop came with Windows 8 anyway.
Pages: 1 2