Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Animal Crossing Cheats?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm new here, so I'm sorry if I'm a little disorganized, but I've been ripping my hair out for two hours trying to solve this on my own. I'm running the original Animal Crossing for Gamecube, and I'm trying to apply cheats. I'm running into two main problems:

-The game will not read my save file when the "Enable cheats" option is checked in configure. I created the save file from before the option was checked. If I can't apply the cheats to the old file, it isn't the end of the world.

-When I try to create a new save with "Enable cheats" selected, the title screen shows the character blacked out (a void where a randomly generated player image would be) and when the game is loaded, all buildings and signs and gone. Just empty space. Otherwise, the game seems to be running normally.

Am I completely missing something? I've scoured the forums and I can't find anything useful. I'm running Dolphin 5.0. Any help is appreciated!
Does it do the same with any cheat enabled? Have you tried the latest development version of dolphin?
(01-11-2018, 02:08 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Does it do the same with any cheat enabled? Have you tried the latest development version of dolphin?

From what i can tell, every cheat (as well as none) enabled produces the same result. Is 5.0 not the latest version? I was under the impression it was...
5.0 is the latest stable version, but not the latest version overall. Try the latest development version.
(01-11-2018, 05:04 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]5.0 is the latest stable version, but not the latest version overall. Try the latest development version.

So I tried the development version 5.0-6164 and have the same issues plus a new error message prior to the game loading up (attached). The game will run, but the character on the title screen is still black and the buildings are still completely absent.
[attachment=16742]
If it's still doing it with cheats disabled you may have a bad dump, what is your game md5 hash?
(01-12-2018, 05:35 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]If it's still doing it with cheats disabled you may have a bad dump, what is your game md5 hash?

Where would I find that?
Right click game > properties > file system
(01-12-2018, 06:43 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Right click game > properties > file system

7853049ccd0c1e2bffeb5b12393a5409 I think is what you're looking for
(01-12-2018, 06:50 AM)DanishKitten Wrote: [ -> ]7853049ccd0c1e2bffeb5b12393a5409 I think is what you're looking for

Then you have a good dump.
Pages: 1 2