Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Troubles to run Wii games with Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Sechs

Hi guys !
I’m quite new to the world of Dolphin. I downloaded it 3 days ago and tested some games on gamecube, including mario sunshine and wind waker. It seems to run smoothly, fast enough to be played.
But I then tried SM Galaxy on Wii. I tried lot’s of settings, but the game keeps lagging, and rendering around 40 fps and 50-66 % of its speed.

I have an early 2017 razer blade, here are the specs :
Processor
Intel Core i7-7700HQ (Intel Core i7)
Graphics adapter
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (Laptop) - 6144 MB, Core: 1404 MHz, Memory: 8008 MHz, GDDR5, 378.92, Optimus
Memory
16278 MB  , DDR4 Dual-Channel
Mainboard
Intel HM175

Here are the screenshots of my dolphin config :

I’m looking for advices to make my Wii games run smoothly, I think I missed something about dolphin config.

Best regards,
Sechs

[attachment=16594]
[attachment=16595]
[attachment=16596]
[attachment=16597]
[attachment=16598]
[attachment=16599]
[attachment=16600]
[attachment=16601]
[attachment=16602]
[attachment=16603]
[attachment=16604]
First off, try using the latest development build of Dolphin - that alone can improve performance considerably.

If that alone isn't enough, then try changing the rendering backend between OpenGL, Direct3D 11, and Vulkan (Direct3D 12 on Dolphin 5.0).
Reported for piracy, first screenshot shows at least 2 scene releases.
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Announcem...orum-rules
Global Forum Rules Wrote:Warez/downloading games talk is prohibited and frowned upon. To prevent legal issues, you may not post links or refer to any kind of NAND, BIOS, ISO, game, or other copyrighted material that has been illegally obtained or shared. If any post like that is found, the thread containing it will be closed and further support will be revoked. Stating that you've downloaded a game will get you banned immediately, no matter if you purchased the game or not. Asking where to find or download games will get you banned immediately. Providing where to download games will get you banned immediately. You must legally dump/rip your own games, NAND, BIOS, etc.

*gets her magic moderator hammer*

Bye!