Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: RE3 Countlessly dumping textures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, i have been trying to make an HD pack for Resident Evil 3. But i have this weird behavior from Dolphin when dumping textures, specially items, menús and mask textures for this game. It dumps them but countlessly. I mean, every time i boot the game dolphin dumps similar textures with diferent names. I never can do a reliable selection of whatever textures i want to upscale, because whenever i try to load them, dolphin can, maybe load them the first time, but if i change something to the playthrought, like entering and exiting a room, he stops loading my textures and insted he dumps new similar textures with arbitrary new names creating countless similar versions of the same textures.

I have tried this with every texture cache accuracy option: safe, middle and fast, always the same.

And tried this with lots of diferent verions of Dolphin:
Dolphin 5.o
Dolphin last 5.0-5949
Ishiiruka old v655
Ishiiruka newest v998
Ishiiruka stable v768

Is this a known issue?

Also, i've thought to just rip the textures from the ISO and replace them with the new ones, but i have no idea how to rip Gamecube iso's. Anyone knows how to do that?

My specs are:
i5 3750K
GTX 980
16Gb RAM
Windows 7 64bits.

Thanks in advance.
Try using the portable.txt mode (https://pt.dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/c...directory/), where you don't use the "Dolphin Emulator" directory under Documents, but in the same folder of your dolphin.exe. Make sure the folder with your .exe is inside the root of your C: drive.

Do this because it might be a restriction problem. I had this issue with Ubershaders, where they kept recompiling over and over again. It's worth the shot.
(12-02-2017, 04:41 AM)vitormg93 Wrote: [ -> ]Try using the portable.txt mode (https://pt.dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/c...directory/), where you don't use the "Dolphin Emulator" directory under Documents, but in the same folder of your dolphin.exe. Make sure the folder with your .exe is inside the root of your C: drive.

Do this because it might be a restriction problem. I had this issue with Ubershaders, where they kept recompiling over and over again. It's worth the shot.
I can't really do that, i have my Dolphin directory in another drive cause i have problems with space in C:. I have a syslink with all the textures linked to another drive too so technically i have all in C: but without wasting space. But this really only happens with RE3, i've done a pack for RE2 without any problem. It's a specific thing of Dolphin with RE3. I honestly don't think it has anything to do with directorys. Thanks for the answer tho.

Any dev or expert has really any idea about this?
No one really?
It may be a bug in the texture dumping not being able to tell some format of texture is the the same. Maybe a hash failure causing it to redump the same texture over and over again?
(12-11-2017, 04:21 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]It may be a bug in the texture dumping not being able to tell some format of texture is the the same.  Maybe a hash failure causing it to redump the same texture over and over again?

Thank you JMC47, how can i see the log for those hash failures?
I have the same problem. Found a solution?