Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: L + R Analog (keys)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey again, another thing I've been having trouble with is L and R analog on the gamecube controller. I don't own any usb controllers, so I play just about everything I emulate with a keyboard. (Yes, I know I'm weird, but it works, and I've adapted strangely well.) However, the L and R buttons will not press all the way. This has mostly been an issue with the GC Prime games, in which I need to hold down R to aim, but I can't. It brings up the reticle, but does not let me aim like it should. This is on the current latest dev build, binding R as opposed to analog R just uses the pressure set for analog, and setting it to 100 pressure causes them to not work at all.
You'll have to use different keys for analog and the actual button, you might also have to mess with the threashold.
The threshold is set at 99, and it is doing nothing. R-Analog does nothing whether its the same key or a different key. When I open the map, it's not registering R as pressed in, but I can get the crosshair to come up (but not aim).
(10-05-2017, 09:24 AM)Tilt Controls Wrote: [ -> ]This is on the current latest dev build, binding R as opposed to analog R just uses the pressure set for analog, and setting it to 100 pressure causes them to not work at all.

R (button) doesn't have anything to do with the threshold, can you post your settings? Did it used to work on stable?
(Real quick, is there a good way to take pictures of my setup and have them show up?)

I have gotten it to work on stable previously, at least, I assume so because I managed to get a ways in the game past a part where you would need aiming, however, in an attempt to compare settings, I seem to have broken it in the stable build as well.
Update, works on stable build.
Looks like the switch of input backends is your issue. Since you did the issue report I don't think I need dto repeat myself, but, I did want to mention it so people were aware of it.
Update on this, I fixed the issue but it was really... weird. I tried just about everything, but still, it wouldn't do a full press of the R button. I had a separate Dolphin directory with different settings that I switched to... and it worked fine on all emulators. I copied over the GCpadConfig file to my main one, and... it worked. I don't remember entirely, but I just about set everything to the same keys and settings between profiles, and until I brought over a config, it didn't work. I reset to default, didn't fix it. Cleared everything, didn't fix it. Does anyone know what the problem WAS, at all?
(10-06-2017, 10:01 AM)Tilt Controls Wrote: [ -> ]Update on this, I fixed the issue but it was really... weird. I tried just about everything, but still, it wouldn't do a full press of the R button. I had a separate Dolphin directory with different settings that I switched to... and it worked fine on all emulators. I copied over the GCpadConfig file to my main one, and... it worked. I don't remember entirely, but I just about set everything to the same keys and settings between profiles, and until I brought over a config, it didn't work. I reset to default, didn't fix it. Cleared everything, didn't fix it. Does anyone know what the problem WAS, at all?

Might be dolphin misconfiguring the settings?