Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can you make dolphin run fullscreen on a non-primary monitor?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm just wondering if it's possible to tell dolphin to run full screen on a specific monitor, rather than having it default to my primary monitor.

I'm on windows and I am able to make dolphin run full screen on any monitor I want, but it requires me having to go into my screen settings and change which monitor is primary. I'd like to be able to have dolphin run on my second monitor full screen automatically, without manually changing primary status.

Is there something I can configure to make this possible?
For me on Windows 10 I can just drag the window to the display I want to fullscreen, hit the fullscreen button / hotkey, and it fullscreens on that display
(09-10-2017, 07:40 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]For me on Windows 10 I can just drag the window to the display I want to fullscreen, hit the fullscreen button / hotkey, and it fullscreens on that display

thanks! didn't know you could do this, problem solved
(09-10-2017, 07:40 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]For me on Windows 10 I can just drag the window to the display I want to fullscreen, hit the fullscreen button / hotkey, and it fullscreens on that display

This doesn't work for me. I am willing to bet you aren't using exclusive fullscreen. Not using exclusive fullscreen results in microstutters from mismatched frame delivery to the DWM vsynced desktop overlay.
NVIDIA's drivers will only let me get exclusive fullscreen on the primary monitor in Vulkan. With OpenGL/D3D I can use exclusive fullscreen on any monitor.
(09-12-2017, 03:39 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]NVIDIA's drivers will only let me get exclusive fullscreen on the primary monitor in Vulkan. With OpenGL/D3D I can use exclusive fullscreen on any monitor.

You guys keep finding reasons to make me go back to tried and true OpenGL instead of enjoying Vulkan. Damnit Nvidia, get your stuff together.
tbh there are few reasons why you would need to use Vulkan, and you're going to hit absolutely none of them with hardware that powerful.

Just use OpenGL in your case. You gain no benefit by using Vulkan. Just buggy drivers.
Twilight Princess benefits from Vulkan still.

DarukChampignon

I just plug out my primary monitor if I want to play on the non primary one Tongue
(09-13-2017, 01:13 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]tbh there are few reasons why you would need to use Vulkan, and you're going to hit absolutely none of them with hardware that powerful.

Just use OpenGL in your case. You gain no benefit by using Vulkan. Just buggy drivers.

In addition to Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime sees huge performance boosts when looking at the map screen under Vulkan. OpenGL gets performance drops in certain areas, especially late game, even on my rig. Vulkan in the same situation can blast hundreds of frames per second and never experience a drop.
Pages: 1 2