Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Best Windwaker settings for my system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Specs

i5 6600k

GTX 1070

8gb Ram

The settings i were using were causing the game to lag alot but i dont know what setting to use for my system
You shouldn´t be lagging at all. Make sure everything is set to max performance (especially on NVidia´s Control Panel).
First, update to the latest development build of Dolphin so you can use a very nice feature to eliminate shader stuttering.

Start > Control Panel > Power Options > Make sure High Performance is enabled

Right click on desktop > nvidia control panel > Manage 3D settings > Add a program profile for "dolphin.exe" > set preferred power mode to "Prefer maximum performance"

in Dolphin:

Graphics > Backend > Direct3D 11

Graphics > Enhancements > Internal resolution > set to the closest resolution to your display

Graphics > Enhancements > Ubershaders > Hybrid

(Optional) Graphics > Enhancements > Anti-aliasing > 2-4x MSAA. You will kill your framerate if you use ubershaders and SSAA.

Leave everything else at default settings. They are (mostly) optimized for speed and accuracy.
(08-18-2017, 02:33 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]You shouldn´t be lagging at all. Make sure everything is set to max performance (especially on NVidia´s Control Panel). 
Pretty sure the lag was from the shader issue
(08-18-2017, 03:16 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]First, update to the latest development build of Dolphin so you can use a very nice feature to eliminate shader stuttering.

Start > Control Panel > Power Options > Make sure High Performance is enabled

Right click on desktop > nvidia control panel > Manage 3D settings > Add a program profile for "dolphin.exe" > set preferred power mode to "Prefer maximum performance"

in Dolphin:

Graphics > Backend > Direct3D 11

Graphics > Enhancements > Internal resolution > set to the closest resolution to your display

Graphics > Enhancements > Ubershaders > Hybrid

(Optional) Graphics > Enhancements > Anti-aliasing > 2-4x MSAA. You will kill your framerate if you use ubershaders and SSAA.

Leave everything else at default settings. They are (mostly) optimized for speed and accuracy.

This config works amazingly. Ubershaders really worked wonders for me.
note, for nvidia, OpenGL / Vulkan is *usually* faster for Dolphin than D3D. The exception is if you're using Ubershaders. For some reason nvidia's compilers sticks in global locks (which will cause framerate hitching) on GL when compiling shaders. But don't on D3D.
(08-18-2017, 04:14 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]note, for nvidia, OpenGL / Vulkan is *usually* faster for Dolphin than D3D. The exception is if you're using Ubershaders. For some reason nvidia's compilers sticks in global locks (which will cause framerate hitching) on GL when compiling shaders. But don't on D3D.

I actually just turned the graphical settings to the max and it works perfectly still.
Which graphical settings? For Dolphin, don't ever do that

We put some stuff in there at the request of users for extremely niche purposes. You're likely overstressing your system for no gain.

Just set the settings to what I recommended. Anti-aliasing is usually the one that is safe to play with.
(08-18-2017, 05:03 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Which graphical settings? For Dolphin, don't ever do that

We put some stuff in there at the request of users for extremely niche purposes. You're likely overstressing your system for no gain.

Just set the settings to what I recommended. Anti-aliasing is usually the one that is safe to play with.

i just turned anti aliasing to mssa x8
I wil just change it, sorry if I was stupid
Pages: 1 2