Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 35x native Screenshots
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone,

out of curiosity: I read the Progress Report November 2016
https://de.dolphin-emu.org/blog/2016/12/...mber-2016/

I was asking myself how you guys managed to increase the internal resolution to 30x and dumped frames?
Is it possible a regular user can do that as well?
Open the Dolphin user folder (it's normally the Dolphin Emulator folder in Documents if you're using Windows) and go to Config/GFX.ini. In it, there should be a line that says something like EFBScale = 2. Change the number to the scale you want to use plus 3. So for instance, if you want to use 35x native, write EFBScale = 38.

This will make Dolphin very slow.
A better alternative is to set hotkeys to increasing and decreasing the IR, then get to the scene where you want to take the screenshots and increase the IR. Make sure to check the option to actually dump at the internal resolution as well as not using d3d, since it doesn't support it.
Thanks! I was not sure how the EFB Scale is working. But if I only have to add 3 than it is very simple.
Thanks to mimimi for the details Smile

Interessting: Everything above 13x IR will result in a black screen (emulation continues). I know the rendering of the scene takes a long time.
(08-12-2017, 06:22 PM)PapermanZero Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks! I was not sure how the EFB Scale is working. But if I only have to add 3 than it is very simple.

As long as you're using 3x IR or higher, it's just a matter of adding 3. But it gets a bit more complicated for resolutions that are lower than that.
What could be the reason for a black screenshot? I have an resolution over 24xIR. Everything below can be captured. But with 24xIR the screenshots are black?
Could it be a memory issue?
When I made the super huge screenshots for the blog, my 1080 actually went up to 51x native! ...but the highest I could record was 31-35x native. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ You're likely running into a similar situation there. It's understandable, I mean, we're talking about a LOT of pixels here! It's slamming the bus and memory sooo hard, it's literally pushing the system to the breaking point! So, just keep lowering the internal resolution until you find the highest you can record, and well, I guess that's the highest you can record.
I see. I assumed that already. Smile
Thank you.
I think there's a hard limit for textures on gpus, something like 16384x16384. Some games have max 640x528 textures, some have 1024x1024 textures, so i'd expect something like 16x to 25x to work. If the limit was 32768x32768, then i'd expect to see 32x to 50x. And if it was 65536x32768, i'd expect to see something between 32x and 62x(PAL)/68(NTSC).
A suggestion: make a hotkey to make the emulator take a screenshot at higher resolution (about 35X native) and after the screenshot was taken, return to your normal IR resolution. Just like Nvidia Ansel. Is that possible?
Pages: 1 2