Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Direct3D 9 Support?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I noticed that in recent builds we have only OpenGL, Direct3D 11 and Vulkan support, but my laptop uses a HD Graphics 3000, which has poor OpenGL drivers, and doesn't support Direct3D 11. Direct3D 11 works when I select it, maybe it uses DirectX 10 features, the same running PPSSPP. Anyway, the performance isn't that good, on PPSSPP the Direct3D 9 backend runs faster than Direct3D 11, using official 4.0.2 I have 10 to 20 FPS more with Direct3D 9. Does there's any way to use Direct3D9 on recent builds? Or no chance?
You could try using unofficial builds, but there is no chance of it coming back otherwise.
Unofficial builds? Where can I find this? If you're talking about the Developers builds, I already use it. Well, if there's no way, I'll have to buy a new laptop soon, this one is too old, anyway.
DX9 simply doesn't support necessary hardware features for accurate emulation (poor integer support in shaders being a big one off the top of my head).

Ishiiruka is probably the "unofficial" version mentioned above - it maintains dx9 support (and a number of other modifications that are considered immature/not worth dev burden/go against the policy of "accuracy" in the main upstream). You can give that a go - though YMMV, as some games may work, but many may be completely broken - the thread is:

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...om-version

If you do use that, note that any questions should go in that same thread - the 'main' support forum should be for the 'official' upstream version only.
Thanks, JonnyH. But what about DirectX 10? The PCSX2 is the only emulator I know that supports DirectX 10, and it really runs a lot faster than DirectX 9 here, but I don't know if it's worth working.
Dolphin's D3D11 only requires D3D10(.1?) to use anyway so there really isn't a point in it.
D3D9 will never be re-implemented.
OK, thanks for all replies. Anyway, the "onofficial" version is running slower than latest builds, with D3D11 or 9.
(08-03-2017, 06:11 AM)Guilherme Wrote: [ -> ]OK, thanks for all replies. Anyway, the "onofficial" version is running slower than latest builds, with D3D11 or 9.

Using a "DX10"-level feature GPU through the DX11 API will likely be better in every way than DX9.
Depending how important it is to you, you may try Dolphin under Linux. The Linux Intel GPU graphics driver is being developed by a totally different team and shares no code at all with the Windows driver. OpenGL may run better there.
Pages: 1 2