Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Four Swords, Local Multiplayer, Can't get it to work!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

DiegoLarry

Dear all,

first of all I would like to congratulate with all the developers and the people involved in this project. Dolphin is just a great software and I am really excited with it! Congratulations.

I am trying to get The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures to work in multiplayer on the same PC but until now I didn't manage.

I am been following the many guides and tutorial on the internet but they are not referring to the newest versions of Dolphin and VBA-M so I believe something is changes since then...so here I am asking for support.

Here is the information of my configuration.

Dolphin 4.0-9285
VisualboyAdvance 2.0beta2 (available here)

Steps:

1) Launch Dophin and Zelda:
>>Controller 1: Standard Controller
>>Controller 2: GBA
2) Navigate the game menu until the screen where it asks to connect 2 GBA
>>Change Controller 1 to GBA (Both are on GBA now)

3) Launch the first instance of VBA-M
>> Emulation > Uncheck "Pause when inactive"
>> Options > Gameboy Advance > check "Use BIOS file"
>> Options > Gameboy Advance > Configure ... > Boot ROM > Select gba.bin
>> Options > Link > Type > Select "Gamecube"
>> Options > Link > Start Network Link> Select "Client" and in Server insert localhost/127.0.0.1/my IP (all works) >> Push Connect

4) At this point VBA looks connected. On the top bar of the windows I see the message ": player 1"

5) Load the bios in VBA-M File > Open > gba.bin

6) VBA-M loads the bios and connect to the dolphin and zelda. I see on th VBA scree "Look at the screen". In dolphin the sounds stops and player one is connected

7) Open another instance of VBA-M. Follow the same configuration of step 3. When I load the bios in the final step it doesn't connect to player 2 in dolphin. It seems to re-connect to player 1 (the behavior looks like somebody pulling out and in the GBA cable).

Final observations and questions:

1) I am using DSP HLE. If I use one of the LLE options in dolphin the game freezes when I try to connect in 5).
2) How can I be sure that I am connecting as a second player in VBA-M/Dolphin? Also in the second instance of VBA-M in the top bar of the window i see ":player 1". I would expect ":player 2" some how. I have tried to select as default in Input > Configure > Player 2 but it doesn't work
3) Could it be a network issue? How many connections does dolphin open? On which port?

This is all I have and know.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4AvMz2...sp=sharing  
^this is how it looks

Excuse me for the verbosity but I just wanted to give as much information as I can.

Thanks in avance for your advice.

I am really looking forward to hearing from you. Sad  Sad
EDIT: I got the audio to work, but aside from that everything is the same
I think you're using the wrong method of connecting... maybe a newer version of VBA-M. I never have to set a server/client, I just select GameCube the link type and start the BIOS...

DiegoLarry

I also tried the Local option instead of the joybus but It still is the exact same problem
You need to either use DSP LLE with DSP roms dumped from your console or use the very latest development version of Dolphin (top one from this link): https://dolphin-emu.org/download/list/master/1/

DiegoLarry

Using the newest dolphin helped a little bit but the last obstacle to fix is having to working vba-m emulators working seperately from each other, not two of them acting as player one, anyway to fix this?

DiegoLarry

I FUCKING GOT IT HEEEELLLL YEEEAAAHHH IT TOOK ME 8 HOURS. SO, if anyone encounter the same problem. It all depends on NOT using the newest version of Vba-m. This is the version you want to use that will link with the newest Dolphin Build: https://sourceforge.net/projects/vbam/fi...z/download

Elpadreloco

(07-31-2017, 03:55 PM)DiegoLarry Wrote: [ -> ]I FUCKING GOT IT HEEEELLLL YEEEAAAHHH IT TOOK ME 8 HOURS. SO, if anyone encounter the same problem. It all depends on NOT using the newest version of Vba-m. This is the version you want to use that will link with the newest Dolphin Build: https://sourceforge.net/projects/vbam/fi...z/download

Pleeeeaaase tell me how did yout get it!!!

I try since this morning to make this #?@!! game working with VBA-M (even with the version you give) and controllers but same problem (seems to be always player one being connected).

My config :

- Dolphin 5.0, DSP HLE
- COntroller one set as "Default" at start, controller 2 set as "GBA"
- On connection screen, switch it to GBA and starting VBA-M
- On VBA-M : "Pause when inactive" unchecked, link whith Gamecube - Dolphin set, bios set in "Emulator" config, Input set to each Xbox controller
- Starting GBA bios : player one is connected on Dolphin
- Starting the second VBA-M (with the second controller set in "Input"), nothing, stuck at "GAMEBOY" screen
- If I restart it, player one being re-connected again, but never the player two
- And again, and again, and again...

Any ideas?
(08-06-2017, 02:09 AM)Elpadreloco Wrote: [ -> ]Pleeeeaaase tell me how did yout get it!!!

I try since this morning to make this #?@!! game working with VBA-M (even with the version you give) and controllers but same problem (seems to be always player one being connected).

My config :

- Dolphin 5.0, DSP HLE
- COntroller one set as "Default" at start, controller 2 set as "GBA"
- On connection screen, switch it to GBA and starting VBA-M
- On VBA-M : "Pause when inactive" unchecked, link whith Gamecube - Dolphin set, bios set in "Emulator" config, Input set to each Xbox controller
- Starting GBA bios : player one is connected on Dolphin
- Starting the second VBA-M (with the second controller set in "Input"), nothing, stuck at "GAMEBOY" screen
- If I restart it, player one being re-connected again, but never the player two
- And again, and again, and again...

Any ideas?

Hle hasn't been fixed with more than 1 player in 5.0. Use LLE or a dev build.

Elpadreloco

(08-06-2017, 03:36 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]Hle hasn't been fixed with more than 1 player in 5.0. Use LLE or a dev build.

Thank you for response. Refering to the wiki :
Quote:Multiple GBAs

HLE audio can only support 1 GBA as of the New-Zelda-HLE rewrite. Use DSP-LLE (with a DSP ripped from a Wii/GC) in order to play with multiple players. Fixed by 5.0-3723

That's why I didn't try with LLE. I'll do it and tell you if it works.
(08-06-2017, 07:21 PM)Elpadreloco Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for response. Refering to the wiki :

That's why I didn't try with LLE. I'll do it and tell you if it works.

5.0-3723 means 3723 changes after stable 5.0.
Pages: 1 2