Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Loading save problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
OK, I still haven't figured out how to use the "Emulation", "Load State", "Load State..." feature. It just does nothing. I'd rather not have to use the Memory Card slots because they save in an obscure folder. So I want to know how to correctly use this option or change the default save folder. I can't find the answer anywhere else on the internet. Thanks (sorry for the dumb question)
You should use the memory cards for normal saving (gci folder is generally better)
You have to save state before you can load state.
As Craftyawesome said, use the regular memory card saves. They are more stable & will carry from one build to the next. Save states will usually only work on the one build you used them. When you update Dolphin, they won't work anymore, and all your progress will be lost. Also, as Craftyawesome said, you HAVE to save before you can load a state...please tell me you knew this!!
OK. It might help for me to tell you what I'm trying to do. So I'm trying to load my save from Newer Super Mario Bros Wii in Dolphin so I can resume where I left off. I don't get why you can't just select a save file and load it. By the way, what do you mean by regular memory card saves? Do you mean .bin files?  Huh (Sorry for not knowing how to use Dolphin Smile
Ok, the WII didn't use saves the same way the GC did, but it gives you the ability to save your progress. I think that game auto-saves, but it's been a while since I've played it.
Don't use savestates for saving your progress… Just use in-game saves (just like you would on a console).
Okay but how do you load the save from it if you started it on the actual Wii console? I don't know of any way to copy a data.bin file of it.
How did you save and load the game saves on your real WII with this game? It works the exact same way. You should know how to do that
On the real Wii you just save like any other Wii game. You just pause and hit save.
That's not how New Super Mario saves. Why don't you play it on your real hardware and see how you save it? It'll behave the same way on the emulator (and yes, I just tested it myself, so I know what I'm talking about)
Pages: 1 2 3