Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Loading save problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well, I uploaded the save folder to the virtual SD card, which is normally on the root of the SD card. So... I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I don't even know if the whole virtual SD card thing will work, though, because I'm running Dolphin off a USB stick (I know I should have probably mentioned this). I honestly don't care too much if I can't get my save loaded on this one game in Dolphin, but I don't even know how to save any of my games on the USB and resume where I left off. If I just export a Save state file and save it on my USB, will I be able to load it back up later on another computer? (When I started this thread I honestly thought there was just something simple I was doing wrong with saving my file)
Running Dolphin off a USB stick is never recommended & can cause different issues. You can probably use the USB stick off a different computer, but it will create a new dolphin folder under documents & set everything to default settings, unless you create a portable.txt file and save it in your dolphin folder. It sounds like what you're attempting with getting the save xfered to work with Dolphin is more complicated than it's worth & it's saving in a different way than the Wii usually saves files, there's probably not a lot of support for it
OK, thanks. Yeah, it's probably more trouble than it's worth, but thanks for all the help everyone.
Pages: 1 2 3