Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Put GC CD in my DVD Drive and Now it's Broken!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I changed to a Blu-Ray drive a few months ago and now my drive is completely dead!

When I had Windows 7, what I would normally do to fix this, put my computer into Hibernate, then wake it up, but now I have Windows 10, the DVD Drive is gone for good and I can't get my game out of the DVD drive!

I've tried a safety pin, but that didn't work! Is there any way to fix this?!
(05-05-2017, 09:13 AM)Blob55 Wrote: [ -> ]I changed to a Blu-Ray drive a few months ago and now my drive is completely dead!

When I had Windows 7, what I would normally do to fix this, put my computer into Hibernate, then wake it up, but now I have Windows 10, the DVD Drive is gone for good and I can't get my game out of the DVD drive!

I've tried a safety pin, but that didn't work! Is there any way to fix this?!

Open up your computer as if you were adding RAM. Then take out the dvd drive.
There's a small hole on the front of the drive that you can insert a paperclip into. What happens when you try to use that to open the drive?
(05-05-2017, 09:13 AM)Blob55 Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried a safety pin, but that didn't work! Is there any way to fix this?!

(05-05-2017, 09:19 AM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]There's a small hole on the front of the drive that you can insert a paperclip into. What happens when you try to use that to open the drive?

I assume this
Yes, I tried both.
No no, what *happens* when you try it? Does the tray partially open? If so, how much?
Nothing happens at all.
*sigh* Please be more descriptive! The pinhole is a physical lever, pushing it should always open the drive! When you push a paperclip into the hole, does it travel into the hole? How much resistance do you feel? What do you hear from the drive when you do it? How long was the paperclip or safety pin that you tried?

Details please!
Yes, I put a safety pin in the hole and nothing moved AT ALL! Literally NOTHING happens!! The pin I tried was long enough to reach the bottom of the hole, but it was like there was no lever in there whatsoever. Also no resistance.
Pressing the button alone doesn't eject the drive afaik, you have to pull or tilt it.
Pages: 1 2