Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Put GC CD in my DVD Drive and Now it's Broken!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yes, I tried that too.
Ok... I imagine you aren't using a long enough paperclip (you need one that's at least an inch long) or you aren't applying enough force, but if that isn't working, there's really only one thing to do - open it up! On the outside of the drive there will be some screws. Just start unscrewing them and remove the external housing, and you'll be able to see what's going on inside the tray, and extract the disc yourself.
Yes, I tried to dismantle it, but I couldn't manage to do it, because there's a lip that wraps around the front of the drive that prevents people from dismantling it.
Hmm... Can you take a picture of the drive label please, and post it here? That will give us a better idea of what you're working with!
Yeah, in the morning, it's the middle of the night now and this frustration is making me sleepy.
Just a thought: Windows 10 added Fast Boot as a default to how the operating system shuts down, and does some magic where it put the computer half to hibernate and shuts the rest down. Try turning on your computer and then telling Windows to restart. This does a true full shutdown and reloads everything.
Pages: 1 2