Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Metroid Prime 2 scanner doesnt work properly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I use version 5.0-3598, and the NTSC-U Gamecube version of Metroid Prime 2. In every backend (D3D11 + 12, OpenGL and Vulkan), when I try to use the scanner, sometimes it works properly, but in other times it doesn't properly scan the objects it's aimed at. I can aim and try to scan one object, but the camera will turn back and scan another one instead. I tried enabling and disabling every possible setting in each of the backends (And also used every possible settings combination), used HLE and LLE audio, enabled and disabled CPU Overclock, enabled and disabled SyncGPU and even Single Core mode. Nothing helped and this is really weird as it didn't happen to me before in OpenGL (and now it occurs even in OpenGL). Does anybody else noticed it? If so, is there a solution? or perhaps I should download an older build?

I also have the trilogy version, but i didn't test it yet.
Metroid Prime 2 is broken in 2017.
(05-04-2017, 08:24 AM)Paul12 Wrote: [ -> ]Metroid Prime 2 is broken in 2017.

Any idea why? as far as I remember it was (almost) perfect besides shader generation stutter of course. The scanner worked perfectly fine in OpenGL, without any issues whatsoever. I can only hope that it will be fixed in upcoming builds.
I also tried the trilogy version and it's broken there too. I have to mention that Metroid Prime 1 works perfect (besides shaders of course, and the little dot and bloom offest) in both GC and Wii versions, and there aren't any issues with the scanner. Just to be sure, I used EFB2Ram, and even tried safe cache. didn't help.
There was a regression in 5.0-3322. A fix is in progress, but for now, you'll have to use a version that's older than that.
(05-04-2017, 03:58 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]There was a regression in 5.0-3322. A fix is in progress, but for now, you'll have to use a version that's older than that.

OK, Thanks. when the fix will be merged into master?
(05-04-2017, 08:01 PM)DolphinPC Wrote: [ -> ]OK, Thanks. when the fix will be merged into master?

That remains to be seen.