Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can't Get The vWii Nand Dump to Work Properly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am having trouble trying to install my vWii NAND dump. I was able to create a bootmii dump using Dump Mii NAND.

When I try to install it, I always get this error:
Code:
Unable to open /home/(username)/.local/share/dolphin-emu/Wii/title/00000001/0000000d/content/00000011.app!
Refer to https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/wii-network-guide/ to set up certificates.

Going under the tool tab, there are no numbers on the Load Wii System Menu. It just shows question marks with a U next to it. Attempting to launch the Wii Menu results in an empty window.

Has anyone else successfully installed a vWii NAND dump on Dolphin?
That's not a fatal error. It just indicates we were unable to extract certs from an IOS, which only affects network services.

Well, why do you expect a vWii NAND to work? Dolphin is a Wii emulator, not a Wii U emulator. Right now, the only issue is with the vWii System Menu expecting to see some services from a vWii IOS (but that Dolphin doesn't emulate, for obvious reasons) and maybe some hardware differences, but in the future, this will fail hard with Starlet LLE.
(05-05-2017, 05:41 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]Well, why do you expect a vWii NAND to work? Dolphin is a Wii emulator, not a Wii U emulator.

It was asked on Youtube if it would be possible to access the Wii Shop using the vWii Nand dump. jmc4789, who I assume is part of the dolphin team, said this:
Quote:[color=#000000]If it has a Keys.bin when dumped via homebrew, then, it can be used as if it were a normal Wii.[/color]

I did hear about how vWii was different from a regular Wii (such that you can't use a vWii NAND dump on a regular Wii) but based off of his response, I thought it would okay to use a vWii Nand dump; however, I was wrong.

I wish I did more research into this since my plans to have the Wii Shop on Dolphin are basically ruined.
You don't need to use the whole NAND, just the keys from your Wii/vWii.

Use a fresh NAND, copy the keys to Wii/keys.bin, install the latest System Menu (4.3) and its System Menu IOS (IOS80). Do an online system update; this will install all other system titles: IOSes, system channels, including the Wii Shop Channel.
(05-05-2017, 09:45 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]Use a fresh NAND
Do you mean delete the Wii folder and let dolphin regenerate the NAND and install the System Menu and IOS from there, or do you mean get a NAND dump from a real Wii?

(05-05-2017, 09:45 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]copy the keys to Wii/keys.bin

Just to be clear, are you talking about the file that BootMii creates, or is it something else?
Let Dolphin regenerate it, then install stuff in there.

Alternatively, if you have a real Wii, then just use your real NAND dump to make the setup simpler.

Quote:Just to be clear, are you talking about the file that BootMii creates, or is it something else?
Yes. BootMii creates it.
I followed your steps and I get an error code 205928. I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Here is a picture of my Wii NAND:
[attachment=15941]

Edit: From what I read on the Wiki, if my device ID and certificate are mismatched, then I will not be able to access the Wii Shop. Do you by any chance know where these files are located?
Your device ID and certs both come from keys.bin, so that should not be an issue...

I vaguely remember getting 205928 in my early tests, but I forgot what causes it to show up. I would suggest enabling SSL dumping and checking the server response.

Edit: 205928 corresponds to server error 928, which is "IAS - Device cert does not verify." So it looks like there is an issue with your device credentials. Are you sure the keys.bin comes from the NAND you are using?
(05-06-2017, 10:31 PM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: 205928 corresponds to server error 928, which is "IAS - Device cert does not verify." So it looks like there is an issue with your device credentials. Are you sure the keys.bin comes from the NAND you are using?

I can't use the vWii NAND directly on Dolphin (like you said), but I did add the keys.bin that came with the dumped vWii NAND to wii/.

Edit: Since I am at my house, I did a dump of my Regular Wii NAND. I was able to get the Wii Shop working there (using the Regular Wii keys.bin, not the vWii keys.bin).

Using a hex editor, I noticed that some of the data in the vWii keys.bin have zeros on them while the Wii keys.bin has more data on them. I am not sure if this could be the cause of the issues I have been dealing with, or something else. I am going to test Dump Mii NAND with my regular Wii to see if they are any differences with how the program generates keys.bin files.

On a side note, I think I encounter a bug with the BootMii extractor feature. When I extracted my Regular Wii NAND with the tool. There was nothing in either the ticket or the title folder. I had to manually install the Wii System and IOS wad.

Edit2: I did some testing with Dump Mii NAND and it produces an almost identical keys.bin (one byte was different) for the regular Wii. The Wii Shop seems to work fine also.
(Since I can't edit my previous post, I will add on to my post here)

Are by any chance the NG Key ID and the NG Signature important? I ran a modified version of XYZZY on my Wii U (on vWii) and noticed that those keys are not provided, yet when I ran the same program on my Wii, those keys were provided.
Pages: 1 2