Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: question regarding vulkan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now, 6 months after XFB was implemented and other fixes applied, is vulkan accurate as Direct3d 11 or OpenGL?

No More Heroes work much better than both D3D11 and OpenGL, graphics and sound seem exactly the same. same goes for Zelda Skyward sword and even Viewtiful Joe (Uses Real XFB) works just as the other backends.

Are there any knowns bugs specific to vulkan in the No More Heroes games, Zelda Twilight Princess or Zelda Skyward Sword? Even though they seem identical to the other backends I would like to know for sure if anybody else had tested them.

Also: How Rogue Leader and Rebel Strike Work in Vulkan? Are there any vulkan specific bugs in any of them?

Thanks in advance Smile
I dunno, test it.

Lots of users ask "hey does $foo work in $bar?"

I don't know? Why don't you test it?

Anyways, I use Vulkan without issues. It still has a lot of issues with users though. Everybody who has issues with Vulkan should use OpenGL (And report when you have issues with Vulkan). Unless you're on AMD, in which case use Direct3D 11. Direct3D 12 is still not recommended unless you have very good reasons to not use any of the other backends, but don't expect bug fixes in Direct3D 12 unless you want to fix it yourself.
Thus far it's served me extremely well with no visible bugs in any of the games I emulate. Performance goes up in some scenarios where it tanks in OpenGL. A good example of this is Metroid Prime and the map screen. In OpenGL, I drop to just barely 60 fps, sometimes 50 and below in certain areas with fully revealed maps. Under Vulkan, my exact fps unlocked is like 350+ and never comes anywhere near 60.
(05-01-2017, 07:34 AM)DaRkL3AD3R Wrote: [ -> ]Thus far it's served me extremely well with no visible bugs in any of the games I emulate. Performance goes up in some scenarios where it tanks in OpenGL. A good example of this is Metroid Prime and the map screen. In OpenGL, I drop to just barely 60 fps, sometimes 50 and below in certain areas with fully revealed maps. Under Vulkan, my exact fps unlocked is like 350+ and never comes anywhere near 60.

I too didn't notice any visual bugs (as far as I know, especially with LLE, there are no sound issues anymore except for very specific games like xenoblade). I have no problems with stability or crashes. Works like a dream in many games. sometimes much much better than openGL. Just wanted to be sure that all the important features are well implemented and there are no visual or gameplay bugs in the games I specified.
BTW: Does any of the Metroid Prime games suffer from any Gameplay/Visual Bugs in Vulkan or are thay as accurate as OpenGL?
Metroid Prime (at least 1) is the main reason I use Vulkan over OpenGL. I see no visual bugs and know of no issues. Use it freely!
I've been using vulkan for F-Zero, MKBig GrinD and MGS:TS with 4k internal res and at displaying @ 4k with no AA to keep 60fps. Games look amazing as usual and much less dips than OpenGL overall. Haven't seen any buggy visuals though.

Rogue Leader and Rebel Strike do work but I think at the very intro of Rebel Strike there's a strange framerate dip in that disco scene...and also at random in the menu's. Games are fully playable.